Parasound Halo P3 preamp verses Parasound Halo JC-2 preamp

Options
Beta
Beta Posts: 267
edited April 2010 in 2 Channel Audio
I am considering upgrading my preamp and would appreciate any feedback, opinions and advice.

Basically, I am wondering if I can expect a noticeable improvement in sonic quality by swapping out my P3 preamp with a JC-2 preamp? Obviously, there is a significant expense outlay related to this proposed upgrade. Therefore, I am wondering if the JC-2 is significantly superior to the P3?

I realize much praise has been expressed here at Club Polk about tube gear. However, I am very pleased with my solid state A21 amp. Given such, I would like to try to stick with the Halo line.

Any opinions, feedback and advice on the performance of the P3 verses the JC-2 would be greatly appreciated.

As always, thank you for your thoughts on this matter.

Andy
Post edited by Beta on

Comments

• comfortablycurt
    comfortablycurt Posts: 6,745
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I've never heard either, but I can tell you that from a design perspective, the JC2 is vastly superior. It's a very cleanly designed preamp.

My next 2 channel pre is most likely going to be a Halo P3. If you decide to upgrade, and sell the P3...keep me in mind. There's a good chance that I'd be interested in it.
    The nirvana inducer-
    APC H10 Power Conditioner
    Marantz UD5005 universal player
    Parasound Halo P5 preamp
    Parasound HCA-1200II power amp
    PolkAudio LSi9's/PolkAudio SDA 2A's/PolkAudio Monitor 7A's
    Audioquest Speaker Cables and IC's