Polk has customer for life!

Options
gixxer11
gixxer11 Posts: 3
edited April 2010 in Car Audio & Electronics
Hello everybody. Nice place ya'll got! I'm new around here. I have to let the world know about the EXCELLENT customer service I received the other day when trying to replace 1 of my MM6 woofers out of a used set I just got. After searching the web for DIY kits and came up short, I called polk. Told her what I thought I had (MM6501) and placed the order on my lunch break. That night I figured out I'm an idiot and they were actually MM6s. So I called the next morning and talked to another wonderful angel of audio mercy, and she canceled my order and did some searching. Turns out someone at the H.Q. warehouse found one! FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!! No shipping, nothing! I didn't know what to say! She could have told me "Nope, that's discontinued. Get lost", "I'M ON MY FU@*!NG LUNCH BREAK!" or sell me something else etc. Lots of companies/employees don't seem to give a $#!+ anymore. I have told everyone that's even slightly interested my story and posting in other forums as well. Anyway, now I'm getting rid of my Bose home speakers (I know, I know. <$200 in all 5) and replacing them with.....you already know!:D
Post edited by gixxer11 on

Comments

• tcrossma
    tcrossma Posts: 1,301
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Polk customer service is second to none.

Welcome to the forum.
    Speakers: Polk LSi15
    Pre: Adcom GFP-750 with HT Bypass
    Amp: Pass Labs X-150
    CD/DVD Player: Classe CDP-10
    Interconnects: MIT Shortgun S3 Pro XLR
    Speaker cables: MIT MH-750 bi-wire
    TT:Micro Seiki DD-35
    Cartridge:Denon DL-160
    Phono Pre:PS Audio GCPH
  • Installer4life
    Installer4life Posts: 256
    edited April 2010
    Options
  • Knucklehead
    Knucklehead Posts: 3,602
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Awesome story!
    Polk Audio Surround Bar 360
    Mirage PS-12
    LG BDP-550
    Motorola HD FIOS DVR
    Panasonic 42" Plasma
    XBOX 360[/SIZE]

Office stuff

Allied 395 receiver
    Pioneer CDP PD-M430
    RT8t's & Wharfedale Diamond II's[/SIZE]

Life is one grand, sweet song, so start the music. ~Ronald Reagan
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2010
    Options
    congrats and welcome.. that's why I am here to hear about stories like yours.

Welcome to the forum too.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TakeTheTime
    TakeTheTime Posts: 249
    edited April 2010
    Options
    That's nice! Many nice chicks working at Polk, eh? :D
    Pioneer P88RS-II | Polk Audio SR5250 | JL Audio 12w6v2 | 2x Genesis 3 Stereo 100 | Genesis 3 Monoblock
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gixxer11 wrote: »
    Hello everybody. Nice place ya'll got! I'm new around here. I have to let the world know about the EXCELLENT customer service I received the other day when trying to replace 1 of my MM6 woofers out of a used set I just got. After searching the web for DIY kits and came up short, I called polk. Told her what I thought I had (MM6501) and placed the order on my lunch break. That night I figured out I'm an idiot and they were actually MM6s. So I called the next morning and talked to another wonderful angel of audio mercy, and she canceled my order and did some searching. Turns out someone at the H.Q. warehouse found one! FREE OF CHARGE!!!!!! No shipping, nothing! I didn't know what to say! She could have told me "Nope, that's discontinued. Get lost", "I'M ON MY FU@*!NG LUNCH BREAK!" or sell me something else etc. Lots of companies/employees don't seem to give a $#!+ anymore. I have told everyone that's even slightly interested my story and posting in other forums as well. Anyway, now I'm getting rid of my Bose home speakers (I know, I know. <$200 in all 5) and replacing them with.....you already know!:D
    Do stick around as this Club Polk will make your experience even better. You know, lots of speaker companies but the positive attitude that Polk has toward its clients makes the difference. Welcome to CP :)
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • gixxer11
    gixxer11 Posts: 3
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome! Yeah, I don't plan going anywhere. This site is FULL of useful info and gives me lots of inspiration.
    That's nice! Many nice chicks working at Polk, eh? :D

I'm 2 for 2 on the phone calls, so I'd say so! Sounded cute, too. I know what your thinkin'.....hot gf and sweet audio toys!!!
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited April 2010
    Options
    gixxer11 wrote: »

Excellent post gixxer11....just excellent and not a surprise to me at all. Be very careful how cool you think the website is...as you may find yourself spending more money.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TECHNOKID
    TECHNOKID Posts: 4,298
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Excellent post gixxer11....just excellent and not a surprise to me at all. Be very careful how cool you think the website is...as you may find yourself spending more money.
    ...wisely!;)
    DARE TO SOAR:
    “Your attitude, almost always determine your altitude in life” ;)
  • PerfectCreature
    PerfectCreature Posts: 1,456
    edited April 2010
    Options
    dorokusai wrote: »

I agree. when i joined this forum.... I only planned on speakers...I got a sub, new monitor 50s (which by the way have replaced tweeters) Polk CS is amazing. Now I am buying a new receiver... about $800 i didn't plan on spending ha!
    Receiver
    Harman Kardon HK 3490
    Speakers
    Polk Audio Monitor 50s
    Subwoofer
    Klipsch KSW-100
    Cables
    AudioQuest Rocket 33s 10ft
    AudioQuest Optilink1 2m
    AudioQuest Alpha-Snake 25ft Interconnect
    AudioQuest HDMI-1 2m

Alienware X51 R2
    PS4
    Samsung Smart TV 40" 1080p 3D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Very nice post, and nice to hear. Polk Audio Rules :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma