Deus Ex for $2.50 on Steam

Options
MacLeod
MacLeod Posts: 14,358
edited April 2010 in Video Games
Found this last night and thought it was worth a mention. Its one of the most touted game Ive ever seen. PC Gamer gave it the "Best of All Time" award this year. Ive never played it and it doesnt look like anything too special but everybody seems to rave about it so I figured for $2.50 ya cant really lose.

If you havent played it, it might be worth picking up especially for this price.
polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
Post edited by MacLeod on

Comments

• lanion
    lanion Posts: 843
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Overpriced!

jk.... good game. Just tough it out through the first level... it is not well designed. After that it gets better.
    My Iron Man training/charity blog.

HT:
    32" Sharp LCD. H/K dpr 1001 to Outlaw Audio 7900 to Polk LSi + Paradigm Studio center. Hsu DualDrive ULS-15. PS3/Wii. Outlaw 7900.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I didn't really like it that much but it is cheap.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I believe this was an Eidos game, the Hitman series was always my favorite of theirs. I remember when this came out and how much I was looking forward to it, and at the time being dissapointed somewhat, but for $2.50 it's worth checking out again...
  • punk-roc
    punk-roc Posts: 1,150
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I thought the original Deux Ex is easily in the list of greatest games of all time. Not too many games that you can finish the game blowing everything up with rocket launchers or sneak through the whole game and not kill anyone (or hardly anyone). Quite a spectrum..

If you like cyber-punk worlds, or the variability of play i stated above, and can get by the graphics (since it's so old); this game is great... Great story too.

Jason
    2-Channel - So far...
    Pre: Dodd ELP
    DAC: W4S-Dac2
    Source(s): Computer and Denon 2910
    Amp: Parasound HCA-1200II
    Speakers: LSi9s - Vr3 Fortress Mod
  • AresPolk
    AresPolk Posts: 9
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Deus Ex the original game was way ahead of the curve for it's time. I still have my original CD for it in my CD case. No box though. Been too long and lost in too many moves...