Record store day

Options
Montoya
Montoya Posts: 506
edited April 2010 in Music & Movies
Did anyone go to record store day events? I did pretty cool picked up some awesome limited edition vinyl.

John Lennon singles in paper wrapper 3 45's with poster & 45 adapter
Deftones 7" rocket skates white vinyl 45
The doors people are strange 7"
yeah yeah yeahs 7" skeletons
queens of the stone age feel good hit of the summer 10" picture disk
Joan Baez 12" limited edition of 500
modest mouse the moon and antartica 10th anniversary
gorillaz 10"
a few other exclusives to record store day release and a few used albums
Post edited by Montoya on

Comments

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2010
    Options
    never heard of it.. where did you hear about it?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Montoya
    Montoya Posts: 506
    edited April 2010
    Options
    My local record store told me about the event. This is the third year it is catching on pretty good the line was so long it went down the block. A lot of places had live performances. Amoeba in California had some big names playing and signing. People where trading outside after buying it was packed. Many good collector albums limited runs and exclusives.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited April 2010
    Options
    danger boy wrote: »
    never heard of it.. where did you hear about it?

I heard about it on the Polk Audio Facebook page! Get with the times!
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I heard about it, but didn't get a chance to check it out. while interested in it since I don't currently have a TT, I thought i'd just let it go this year, but I'm hoping to have a TT within a year so I'll likely check it out next year.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • thsmith
    thsmith Posts: 6,082
    edited April 2010
    Options
    coolsax wrote: »
    I heard about it, but didn't get a chance to check it out. while interested in it since I don't currently have a TT, I thought i'd just let it go this year, but I'm hoping to have a TT within a year so I'll likely check it out next year.

Austin has some excellent record stores as you know. Its worth it to drive down from Dallas and stay the weekend to hit them.
    Speakers: SDA-1C (most all the goodies)
    Preamp: Joule Electra LA-150 MKII SE
    Amp: Wright WPA 50-50 EAT KT88s
    Analog: Marantz TT-15S1 MBS Glider SL| Wright WPP100C Amperex BB 6er5 and 7316 & WPM-100 SUT
    Digital: Mac mini 2.3GHz dual-core i5 8g RAM 1.5 TB HDD Music Server Amarra (memory play) - USB - W4S DAC 2
    Cables: Mits S3 IC and Spk cables| PS Audio PCs
  • coolsax
    coolsax Posts: 1,824
    edited April 2010
    Options
    yeah when i looked at the website for recordstore day i saw there were at least 4-5 local stores participating.
    Main 2ch -
    BlueSound Node->Ethereal optical cable->Peachtree Audio Nova 150->GoldenEar Triton 2+
    TT - Pro-ject Classic SB with Sumiko Bluepoint.

TV 3.1 system -
    Denon 3500 -> Dynaudio Excite 32/22
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I went and picked up a half dozen new titles from the Stones, Boston, Hendrix, and a few others. There were so many college kids in this place it was rediculous. They had a live band as well.

I asked a couple of the kids what they listened to their vinyl on and they said Numark tables copied to an Ipod...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited April 2010
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

I've never heard of you...
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited April 2010
    Options
    I went and picked up a half dozen new titles from the Stones, Boston, Hendrix, and a few others. There were so many college kids in this place it was rediculous. They had a live band as well.

I asked a couple of the kids what they listened to their vinyl on and they said Numark tables copied to an Ipod...

That's sounds about right! lol.....

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited April 2010
    Options
    This what I purchased on Record Store Day....

4546898815_41f2ce958e_m.jpg4546898615_e957568ff1_m.jpg
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2010
    Options
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

Damn I missed it. I guess I need to check on Facebook daily.

Russ I didn't know Polk had a Facebook page. I'm going to check it out right now.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited April 2010
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    I have The Grand Illusion on vinyl. Nice buy, Danny. Good album.

Me too, it is really well done. BTW I brought this one back from the grave. I was going to toss it because it looked like it was scratched severly and pretty beat up but my wife insisted that I give it my anal retentive restoring treatment and boy oh boy was I glad I didn't trash it. Aside from an occasional pop or tick it sounds really good. It taught me a lesson that no matter how a record looks it can be very deceiving. I have some records that look pristine that are absolutely unlistenable even after the restoring treatment.