Off topic question....

Options
Grimster74
Grimster74 Posts: 2,564
edited February 28 in Clubhouse Archives
I have finally finished purchasing and hooking up all my H/T gear (at least thats what I tell my wife anyway). My question is my wife wants me to repaint the family room downstairs which is where my H/T equipment is. My question is I noticed in the System Showcase section of Polk's web site that a majority of the showcase rooms are a deep maroon color, or at least a dark color. Is the choosing of colors due to less reflection in a darker room or is it just personal preference. Just trying to decide what color to paint and was just wondering if someone has any suggestions.
Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
Post edited by RyanC_Masimo on

Comments

• tntvt
    tntvt Posts: 121
    edited June 2003
    Options
    I chose the deep red because it just gave the room a more theater feel to it. I always liked the black and red velvet in movie houses. So I did my best to copy it. I think the darker the better.
  • redhouse
    redhouse Posts: 78
    edited June 2003
    Options
    Go with any flat dark color, I had my home theater off white first then went to a dark gray blue and it made a huge differance. the screen came to life with the dark paint.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,074
    edited June 2003
    Options
    dark and flat.........

but I'm sure the wife will have something to say about the final color......
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.