Any doctors in the house... I mean, forum?

Options

Comments

• mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    laughing and joking with friends happens on Wednesday nights at youth group. the other two, don't. :)
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,619
    Options
    Guess the first two were just what I remember from high school lol.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Monday is history, Tuesday is science, Wednesday is math, Thursday is writing, and then Friday is tests for the bigger subjects, anything I missed, and smaller subjects like grammar and handwriting.

What days do other essential high school activities happen?

Those are adult games in todays world, lol.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,119
    Options
    tonyb wrote: »
    Monday is history, Tuesday is science, Wednesday is math, Thursday is writing, and then Friday is tests for the bigger subjects, anything I missed, and smaller subjects like grammar and handwriting.

Things like trying to look up girl's skirts, smoking cigarettes in the bathroom without getting caught by the teachers, and laughing/joking with friends until you're red in the face.

And those games can come back to haunt you 40 years after they were played...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    Options
    yea, whether they happened or not. :#
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,815
    Options
    team sports?? sports at all? interaction with people other than the internet? dances, skip days, still in contact with all my old HS football team....good times....
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Options
    Neither of those joints are Italian. What city are you in, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

How bout this?

https://www.maggianos.com/
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Neither of those joints are Italian. What city are you in, I might be able to point you in the right direction.

Tony I'll be travelling to Evanston next month. Any recommendations?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,764
    edited September 2018
    Options

Things like trying to look up girl's skirts, smoking cigarettes in the bathroom without getting caught by the teachers, and laughing/joking with friends until you're red in the face.

Because everybody has some type of video recording device...lol.

I couldn't possibly imagine high school with smart phones...even just growing up with them.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,018
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I would've had some police dropping some charges and getting sued if they were recorded doing what they did to me. Maybe they wouldn't have done what they did to begin with back then!

But back to technology...They're thinking of having all cell phones BANNED from schools. I think that's good. I never missed them. heck, I still don't own a smart phone. My step-daughter has had one for 12 years or more now. :D She's 39 though. But before her smart phone, she had a flip phone since they first came out I believe.

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    team sports?? sports at all? interaction with people other than the internet? dances, skip days, still in contact with all my old HS football team....good times....
    gmcman wrote: »

Because everybody has some type of video recording device...lol.

I couldn't possibly imagine high school with smart phones...even just growing up with them.
    High school with smartphones. ugh. It's annoying to have almost every single person around you glued to a screen 24/7. I wasn't homeschooled in the 8th grade, so this is something I know. I used to want a smartphone, but now when I look at my friends, I don't want to have this little thing that I am completely addicted to.
    Tony M wrote: »
    I would've had some police dropping some charges and getting sued if they were recorded doing what they did to me. Maybe they wouldn't have done what they did to begin with back then!

But back to technology...They're thinking of having all cell phones BANNED from schools. I think that's good. I never missed them. heck, I still don't own a smart phone. My step-daughter has had one for 12 years or more now. :D She's 39 though. But before her smart phone, she had a flip phone since they first came out I believe.

Really? that's great. Most of my friends would call that the worst thing in the world, but I think that would be awesome, to be able to have your friends attention when you talk to them.
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Holy s#!t! This thread is still going!?...lol
  • mlistens03
    edited September 2018
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    This thread is still going!?...lol

Got revived earlier by "Doc" Tony. :)
  • krazypolk
    krazypolk Posts: 745
    edited September 2018
    Options

It seems like Dr Joey gave it a new lease on life.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    krazypolk wrote: »
    Holy s#!t! This thread is still going!?...lol

It seems like Dr Joey gave it a new lease on life.

It seemed to be dead a few posts after he posted, but then Tony came in and gave me suggestions of audio, Italian food, and girls. :D
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,144
    Options

I went to an old fashioned all boys high school in the UK, and very occasionally they would send us a trainee teacher for period or two. Once (and once only) they sent a girl straight out of college. By 1960's standards her skirt was not short, but it was still a mini skirt. Every boy in that class dropped his pen/pencil at least three times and hit the deck to pick it up in that 40 minute period.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,456
    edited September 2018
    Options
    HA! HA!HA!HA!HA!HA!. MAN I LOVE THIS FORUM! I got this boil ... What should I do about it?
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Polish joints -- I'm thinkin' there's a bad marijuana joke just waiting to be born, there.

Well,in your neck of the woods a guy is using MJ to get his lobsters high before cooking them. I suppose we could do the same for cattle. Bunch of cattle out in the field, running into each other, then they throw a Hershey bar into the line for them to get slaughtered. :)

It's actually a woman, I believe. In Maine.
    Here's an update -- this may have gotten lost in the scuffle of some other news headlines lately ;)
    https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2018/09/25/651466068/maine-asks-restaurant-to-stop-giving-lobsters-cannabis-before-boiling-them
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,906
    Options

Yeah, a weak moment for sure. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mlistens03
    Options
    Went to the doctor today, and they said a lot of doctor-y stuff I didn’t understand, but basically, they said I’m okay, and that it was probably a mix of dehydration and getting older, which is apparently a cause for this. They did say that I have a relatively low resting heart rate, or something like that, and that could also be a cause, but they said that it isn’t even close to dangerously low.
    Basically, I was told to drink water, and to be careful.
    Thanks for your tips, I am glad I went to the doctor because, as you all said, it could have been something much worse.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    What tests did the doctor order?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    What tests did the doctor order?

I’m not sure what they were called, but he checked my heart rate and blood pressure, did a couple other things involving blood, and a few other things, although I’m not really sure what they were. I wasn’t able to replicate this issue while I was there, because since I’ve been drinking more water it hasn’t bothered me.
    I can ask my mom what all they did, and I’ll get back to you.
  • Clipdat
    Options
    All good, was just curious if he/she ordered specific tests or something.

Glad to hear that the symptom hasn't been happening anymore.
  • mlistens03
    Options
    All good, was just curious if he/she ordered specific tests or something.

Glad to hear that the symptom hasn't been happening anymore.

Thanks, me too.
    My mom said they did all the blood tests i mentioned, and an electrocardigram test, or something like that.
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    "I haven't died yet, so I'll be fine." And people say I'm nuts?
  • mlistens03
    Options
    afterburnt wrote: »

Mostly meant as an exaggeration, but I see where your coming from. ;)
  • mlistens03
    Options

Yeah, a weak moment for sure. :)

Not sure what you mean by this?
    If you thought I was implying that was a bad thing, it wasn’t.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,070
    Options

That expression is frequently heard just before "Here, hold my beer and watch this.". It is rather less frequently heard afterwards ;)
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Went to the doctor today, and they said a lot of doctor-y stuff I didn’t understand, but basically, they said I’m okay, and that it was probably a mix of dehydration and getting older, which is apparently a cause for this. They did say that I have a relatively low resting heart rate, or something like that, and that could also be a cause, but they said that it isn’t even close to dangerously low.
    Basically, I was told to drink water, and to be careful.
    Thanks for your tips, I am glad I went to the doctor because, as you all said, it could have been something much worse.

Excellent news!

Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • ken brydson
    Options

Speaking of nuts, did he grab yours and tell you to cough?