Nike' and Kapernick together now.

Options

Comments

• txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    deronb1 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Let's get real. Kaepernick had one good year, afterwards pretty much sucked, which is the real reason he is no longer in the NFL. Plenty of other one year wonders ended up out of the league for the same reason.

What's that river in Egypt?

The river Kap is floating on is the river of disrespect, to many people. He made a choice. He's still a millionaire, so whatever
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    Options
    Let's get real. Kaepernick had one good year, afterwards pretty much sucked, which is the real reason he is no longer in the NFL. Plenty of other one year wonders ended up out of the league for the same reason.

Except that statistically he had one of the best years of his career in 2016. If you parse his stats over 16 games it likely WOULD have been his best year; especially with a 4 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio.
    But let’s not let the facts get in the way of an accurate narrative....

Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    So to compare Mr. Kapernick to anyone of our service members is outright wrong. United we Stand is the only way we continue to defeat our adversaries. We don’t need to agree on issues in our country, but at the end of the day we are one country who must who MUST stand for what the flag represents. To demonstrate otherwise WILL destroy us from the inside out and leave us weak and vulnerable to attacks. At that time all real sacrifice to this point will have been for what, to earn our freedom and independence so we can abuse it and leave our children and grandchildren to suffer. We can’t have this happen.
    We have it good today. I don’t care who you are; YOU have it better than than generations before you. We can and will improve, we are not perfect, but we are UNITED by our flag and what it represents. Division is NOT the answer, we’ve been there and done that. Please let’s get off our knees and get to work, UNITED, for our children.

Right on, brother . . .

Cliffs Notes: United we stand, divided we fall
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    shawn474 wrote: »

Except that statistically he had one of the best years of his career in 2016. If you parse his stats over 16 games it likely WOULD have been his best year; especially with a 4 to 1 touchdown to interception ratio.

Did you see how many dead balls he through out of bounds. His receivers and TE (Vernon Maxwell) called him out.
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

• shawn474
    Options
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    Did you see how many dead balls he through out of bounds. His receivers and TE (Vernon Maxwell) called him out.

Which would have served to lower his completion percentage......so your point is?

And do you mean Vernon Davis? Vernon maxwell was a player on the Houston rockets (different sport).
    Shawn
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited September 2018
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Maybe the cop just thought you looked like a crook, that's all. Then again a lot of people don't know the meaning of racism except from reading a book.

Maybe you should know who you are speaking to when you make these little snarky comments...

I was married to a black woman for over ten years before it ended in a bitter divorce due to her cheating with a man that only wanted to destroy our marriage because I was white, and he did not like seeing his black women sleeping with the enemy.

I know racism better than most because I have seen it projected at me, and at us when we were together from all sides. I know that every culture has its share of idiots. The sooner we all start calling ourselves Americans, without a HYPHEN in front of it, the better off we will all be. We should celebrate what unites us rather than what divides, and the symbol of that unity is the American Flag.

My wife is from Iran, and she proudly stands with the Red, White and Blue. As a former Marine, I will never take a knee. That is an act of surrender and defeat.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options

What's that river in Egypt?

You're floating in it, you tell me.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• txcoastal1
    Options
    Sorry yes Vernon Davis, auto correct

Still doesn't improve kaps play. He started running scared and lost vision. He was offered jobs but wanted starter money and position. Factor in the drama and his value falls.

Like I said he made a choice...he not like anything other person...

• kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    FTGV wrote: »
    Looks like Nike is making a political statement.

No, Nike is making a social statement. Kaepernick's protest was not political in nature. He was protesting social injustice.

Politics is only one facet of a particular social structure.

This is one of the points where I've been having a problem with this thread. There was nothing political about his protest, nor, was there any thing in the league, or team, rules that he was violating. That is why the league officials, owners and players union dug in over the off season and tried to come up with some sort of policy. This was a social injustice issue to which he wanted to focus attention. From that perspective I say job well done. This issue is now being talked about in case you guys haven't noticed.

I, personally, wouldn't kneel during the national anthem for the simple fact I choose to honor those that sacrificed for their country. I don't, however, place my hand over my heart and make a pledge to a symbol. Some think that's disrespectful, and, I say you have a right to your opinion. I wouldn't burn the flag in protest, either, but, I'm against the principle of banning these forms of protest. The thought of banning, or controlling, forms of protest because it's disagreeable to some is more reprehensible to me than the actual protest itself. Aren't these the very things soldiers fought and died to protect? Who are we to try and undermine what they fought to preserve?

I also agree with the poster who stated that sacrifice can come in many forms. It's not just one narrow definition that several have seemed to embrace. Further, along that same line, I'm thankful that he has the recourse to sue if he feels there has been collusion to prevent him from gaining employment. Hope we all would have that same recourse if employers were colluding to black listing any of us as a potential employee. That should be something for the courts to decide. Why should we think, in America, that he shouldn't have that right? Because he's black? Because he did something you don't agree with? Some other lame excuse of a reason along this line of thinking? Why would any of us as Americans want any of his rights to be taken away? I'm curious as to why any TRUE American would be so vehemently against his protest. Isn't the right to expression one of the bedrock principles on which this country was founded? Do those fundamental principles only apply if YOU agree with the viewpoint?

Long before Nike decided to jump on this wagon the media and politicians had turned it in to a circus and tried to capitalize it, with paid talking heads being the ring leaders. I say to those that are here regurgitating your favorite talk show host mantra that you should think for yourself. Read opposing views with an open mind and form your own educated opinion. I initially stood on the side of "he made a bad decision and should have handled it a different way," After some time passed I changed my position to that of approval. I feel he made a tough decision and decided to press on regardless of the consequences. The dialogue has been started, the consciousness raised, on something most of us would rather not be aware of.

For the record I am a white male that will soon be 53 years old, I don't own Nike shoes because I think they're junk.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited September 2018
    Options
    I might have a connection if it was CK.

I only found 2 Falcons Super Bowl appearances and CK didn't play against them. I thought he was robbed of an important win. Maybe it was the Championship Game before the SB.

Post edited by Tony M on
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    Some think that's disrespectful, and, I say you have a right to your opinion. I wouldn't burn the flag in protest, either, but, I'm against the principle of banning these forms of protest. The thought of banning, or controlling, forms of protest because it's disagreeable to some is more reprehensible to me than the actual protest itself. Aren't these the very things soldiers fought and died to protect? Who are we to try and undermine what they fought to preserve

I have exercised my right in protest to his protest. It's not what he is protesting that upsets me. Using his office to protest (ie NFL stadium) and during the anthem. To each his own, but don't complain about the results.

NFL is a business, they have customers, customers have the right to decide. Shareholders have the right to protect the brand....all choices.

• Gerres26
    Options

I've been a die hard Niner fan my entire life(until this kneeling crap). Believe me when i say Kaep had a solid 1.5 years. He took the league by storm the year that Alex Smith got hurt and was damn near excellent all the way up through the Super Bowl loss. As soon as teams found out he was a one trick pony that could only throw to his first read or tuck it and run, he lost his luster very quickly. The rest of the time he was the starter he relied on his top 5 defense and Frank Gore.

Then as the team lost talent it was very apparent that Kaep couldn't win without that nasty defense and run game to protect him. It was awful convenient that the kneeling started at about the same time all of the fans wanted him off the field. It sure changed the story from how bad he was playing to...the all of a sudden "social justice warrior" standing up for oppressed people
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    NFL is a business, they have customers, customers have the right to decide. Shareholders have the right to protect the brand....all choices.

Since the CK incident, I have chosen not to watch NFL anymore.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    Didn't CK get robbed of that Super Bowl Win, when his deep field receiver running down the right side line was interfered with at about the 10 yard line on the final drive for them to take the lead if they scored? The ref. right there 10 ft. from them said "No FOUL".

It was that Falcons Super Bowl when that "most excellent" Def. Lineman was going to retire after that game. Ray ?

I feel they had to let that guy retire on a high note " with a Super Bowl Win and Ring"

Or was it the Seattle Sea Hawks Quarterback and receiver that was robbed of that pass interference call?

I might have a connection if it was CK.

I have had my suspicions for a while now that the NFL is rigged on some level, but no proof except for the very poor officiating, missed or questionable penalties and such...

I have already cancelled my NFL Sunday Ticket this season. I will be keeping my signed Teddy Bridgewater and Adam Thielan jersey's however.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,087
    Options
    now, for some levity . . .

I went to bed Hungry last night after listening to Chaka Kahn's Epiphany album
    Woke up humming Papa John, Papa John

https://video.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?fr=yhs-Lkry-SF01&hsimp=yhs-SF01&hspart=Lkry&p=chaka+kahn+chaka+kahn'#id=2&vid=9e59ec51d4e7d265c19584a067eaa9fe&action=click
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    verb wrote: »

Since the CK incident, I have chosen not to watch NFL anymore.

I'm on a fantasy league, same one for the last decade. I boycotted watching games on TV and listening to radio. I follow stats on the web to compete, was the top scorer in my league last year. Going to do the same this year....it's my right, just like boycotting Nike...we all have choices.

• deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    Certainly are a lot of OFFENDED people who make fun of others for being OFFENDED.
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Certainly are a lot of OFFENDED people who make fun of others for being OFFENDED.

I'm offended that you would say such a thing :p ...

• jeremymarcinko
    Options
    So for me it’s not what he is protesting that is the problem, it’s how the protest took place and the precedent it sets for the impressionable. The blatant disrespect for the symbol that represents our freedom and unity exacerbates the issue he intends to call attention to.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • txcoastal1
    edited September 2018
    Options

PC culture out of control
    Because we are offended...MSM started publicizing being offended. Like bathrooms, genders, holidays, peoples rights to bake certain cakes etc...you name it

• shawn474
    edited September 2018
    Options
    .......apologies for the double post
    Shawn
  • txcoastal1
    Options

Which would have served to lower his completion percentage......so your point is?

And do you mean Vernon Davis? Vernon maxwell was a player on the Houston rockets (different sport).

Parroting???

• Mikey081057
    Options
    Do you really think that if CK was a Championship caliber QB that some team would take a flier on him.... They don't even want him in the CFL....Did you analyze his stats versus playoff/winning teams? I don't hear Tebow whining about an NFL job and he took a knee....
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    People's right to bake certain cakes?
  • Mikey081057
    Options
    I boycott cake...
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • txcoastal1
    Options
    People's right to bake certain cakes?

Google it

Same crud like Sarah Sanders not being served at a restaurant...now the town is donating tax money to keep it open

• shawn474
    Options
    Do you really think that if CK was a Championship caliber QB that some team would take a flier on him.... They don't even want him in the CFL....Did you analyze his stats versus playoff/winning teams? I don't hear Tebow whining about an NFL job and he took a knee....

While I would love to debate you all day long, the nfl is FULL of non championship caliber Qb’s. And if his collusion case had no merit, it would have been dismissed long ago. As much of a POS as many think Kap is, take a look at the owners of most nfl franchises.....

Stuff like this could be debated all day long. Neither side is necessarily right or wrong. Much like the actual issue at hand I could spin it to fit my narrative and likewise you could to support yours.

My point is neither side WINS.....and maybe that’s the point. Simply to inspire conversation, get others to see things from a different perspective and coexist. That’s healthy as well.
    Shawn
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • shawn474
    Options

Parroting???

Not in the least; simply stating facts.
    Shawn
  • txcoastal1
    Options

This discussion has been closed.