LSI25 amp problem

So yesterday I picked up a pair of Polk LSI25 speakers at my local goodwill, and when I fired them up this morning, the sub in the right speaker wasn’t working. I decided to pull the amp board and take a look inside. The fuse was blown so I replaced it and plugged it in, and immediately one of the things that are the actual amps (can’t remember what they are called all of the sudden, it is one of the four pieces on the side of what I believe is a heat sink) began smoking. I don’t know if the amp powered on when I did that because I was paying to much attention the smoke, but does anyone know what could be the problem and how I could fix it?

Thanks,
Micah

Comments

• I think I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry!
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,126
    Hello,
    The bass amplifier would have to be repaired or replaced, telephone Polk tomorrow at: 1-800-377-7655 select option 2 for parts.
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • Airplay355Airplay355 Posts: 4,066
    Somebody dumped Lsi25 at Goodwill? Lucky find, broken or not!
  • Ikr? I got them for $50!
    Thanks guys, I will
  • While I was here I thought I would ask, I currently have a Yamaha amplifier that only is able to go down to 6 ohms, will this be a big problem that I have to fix ASAP or something that can wait?