qceejcdjjptc.jpg
bg0qlwde7vef.jpg

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Nice !!!!

What brand are the first pr. ?

I think the second set of speakers are Def. Tech. and a great Yamaha stereo !

We all know what the third pr. are. I almost bit the bullet and called a guy / gal here in my city to purchase his or hers. The ones here are non-powered for 900.00 I believe.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mrbigbluelight
    Options
    Very nice !
    I also like how you paired some "Black Velvet" on one end of the shelving with a fire extinguisher on the other. :)
    I like how you think.
    Sal Palooza
  • Polkaguy58
    Polkaguy58 Posts: 352
    edited November 2017
    Options
    The first pair of speakers are an older set of SVS's that came from a $3000. surround sound system.
    I just wanted the towers though.
    They image great and the mirror image $200. SEAS tweeters are nice for folks like myself that don't have a lot of real estate to spread out in.
    The second are Definite Technology Sound Monitor 450's and I can't say enough good things about these.
    If you like old Polks, they have a similar laid back, but very spatial sound.
    I'd never heard of the company before, but the guy I got my SVS's from had a nice pair of Def Tech bi-polar towers, with built in powered 8" subs (complete with two passives)
    I almost chose them over the SVS's , but like the mirror image tweeters better for my set up.
    The third are of course KEF LS50 and though I'm sure that they sound great 6 feet from the back wall, with a Parasound high current amp, you can't prove their 1300 dollar worth to me.
    I think they'd be appreciated by the full range crowd, who like classical/vocal music, but to me they're a one trick pony and I like all kinds of music.
    Rock (IMHO) doesn't fair well with the KEFs.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    Thanks a lot for your opinions on all three sets you showed. Especially the KEF LS50.

I like rock a lot also. I'm like you I guess, I can enjoy most all types of music, but rap not so much.

I heard great things about SVS speakers. I guess those tweeters, like in a lot of fine speakers, help to make a speaker sound amazing.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,315
    Options
    I have the ls50 wireless with a velodyne spl1200 sub on it. Rock sounds darn good! I have played everything from five finger death punch on down to James gang on them. The sub and powered version of the ls50 does make a difference.
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    I need to take a trip and hear yours in a good room!!
    Klipsch The Nines, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Borh comments are funny!!! Ya that sir matress I got a couple of years ago on a black Friday thing. It is darn good!!!!. Maybe I will just bring up the 1955 jukebox from the basement and sell everything else off LOL.
  • erniejade
    Options
    Wave goodbye at that one. LOL. For 299 I would take a Asia exos -9 over the Wave.