Old Polk SDA soundbar am`807 power led not coming on???

Options
Pittviper
Pittviper Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Troubleshooting
I have had this soundbar for many years. I recently moved from one location to another, and hadn't hooked up the soundbar and sub yet, didn't do so for quite a while. When I finally got around to wiring it up, the power led came on, and off, and didn't want to stay on. Now, it never comes on at all.

I am a former electronics technician, in another life, and figured there was a power problem somewhere on the power supply portion of the pcb. I disassembled the soundbar, checked the small momentary switches, applied power and the board has power, in some places.

But, in the absence of a schematic, I am lost. So, I need real technical help!! This is only for a small bedroom, and I am planning on getting one of the newer polk soundbars for the main room, but I want to get this working as well. I can see no reason why it fails to power on.

Without a schematic, I cant figure out what is "supposed" to happen when the momentary power on switch is pressed. This is the first place I need help. Also, given the fact that most all of the components are surface mount, and my eyes are not what they used to be, I would like someone to point me in t he direction of what component to trouble shoot first and how.

Or, is there some sort of master factory reset I can do that may get this working again?

Any help is will be greatly appreciated. I realize that this was out of warranty for a very long time, and never had a problem with it before, and I probably foiled any attempt at a service shop looking at it since I disassembled it. But that's ok.

Oh, one more thing. I did deox the contacts as sort of a preliminary "i hope this woks".

Thanks, Jason
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments