CRS rear radiator phase issue YPAO

Options
CH46E
CH46E Posts: 3,557
edited August 2017 in Vintage Speakers
So ive rewired my CRS to act as a center channel. The ouput from it is very impressive for its size. 1 tweeter two woofers are working. I left the other tweeter unplugged. The total load is about 6 ohms now.

My question is the my Yamaha YPAO says my center is out of phase. I know the woofers are wired correctly. Im thinking because the radiator is rear facing (about 2 feet from the wall) it is tricking yhe YPAO calibration.

Should i just ignore it? Maybe the CRS foe a center was not such a good idea?

If not, no big loss cause ill just make them both a stereo pair. Really the last thing i need right now though! Lol

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Common problem with Yamaha. Mine were wired correctly still out of phase.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,557
    Options
    I put the system into 7 channel stereo to how it sounded. Sounds much better when i swapped the phase.

I know i had the same issue with the srs 2 cross link cable in.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

In this situation what is the right thing to do? Wire the speakers to satisfy YPAO or keep the speaker wired correctly?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited August 2017
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »

In this situation what is the right thing to do? Wire the speakers to satisfy YPAO or keep the speaker wired correctly?

Leave them alone if they are wired correctly.

The Yamaha CX-A5100 pre/pro in my home theater system said my front and center speakers were out of phase.

The CX-A5100 manual said the "speaker wired out of phase" warning can occur due to the type of speakers or the room acoustics and to ignore it if the speakers are wired properly.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options

Running the YPAO, it will in the end, vary the delay time to each speaker based on distance and phase, so wonder what reading he will get?
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Thanks for the info. I have a Yamaha that I no longer use. It did report the center speaker was of phase when I knew it was wired correctly.
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options

You will not satisfy it. I wired mine out of phase to see. It still said out of phase which was correct.
    Ray is correct