T90e speakers and left channel loss

natchie
natchie Posts: 10
Greetings! Came across an unusual problem best to be filed as inexplicable

When playing vinyl from Stanton to my HK 3490 using analog, my T90e speakers lose the left channel. When I switched to Speakers B, I get both channels. Speakers A, for my Polk T90e, I am getting only right speaker.

Going further, I switch to computer input, playing digital music, and this time, myT90e speakers play well for both channels. Digitial inputs work with my speakers, but analog input does not work with the left channel. Yet if I switch to another set of speakers, my left channel does come on.

Any suggestion?

Comments

• what you are saying is a little hard to follow but possibly a bad analog cable. or something wrong with your amp

try switching your cables to a new input on the amp.. if that does not work try switching to a different set of cables. if that does not work sounds like maybe something with the speakers A setting is not right on your amp if its working fine on speaker B.

Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• natchie
    Thanks DL...I was thinking of switching the cables to confirm whether the problem would be replicated with the Elac speakers on the "A" setting. What I don't get, is the "A" speaker loss of left channel from the turntable source but normal function of left channel from the computer source. Anyway, will report after switching the speaker cables.
  • changing speaker cables is something you can try to rule out the speaker cable, if that does not fix the problem..

your interconnects. try a different set of incerconnects.

your turn tables output.....disconnect the record player and plug it back in.. but swap the channels ( white plug to red input, red plug to white input and if its a problem with the turntable out the opposite speaker will loose sound, if that happens than you know its the record players out that is the problem

a issue with your amp.. if the other things do not work this may be your problem.

Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• natchie
    An update on my speakers. I disconnected the turntable's cables and reattached them as before, and apparently that has brought my speaker back again. Whether there is some kind of charge buildup to "disconnect" the cable or not, I am happy that the sound came back as it should.

Thanks for your suggestions. Appreciated here, mate.
  • natchie wrote: »
    An update on my speakers. I disconnected the turntable's cables and reattached them as before, and apparently that has brought my speaker back again. Whether there is some kind of charge buildup to "disconnect" the cable or not, I am happy that the sound came back as it should.

Thanks for your suggestions. Appreciated here, mate.

interesting, after the problem was fixed did you try wiggling the cables around a bit to see if the sound starts cutting in and out. if you have a short in the cable sometimes wiggling it can make the sound go in and out. i would do that just try to figure out if the cables are bad or not.

i have a cable that does that. i got to move it to just the right position to get it to play sound out of both speakers.

Cambridge Azur 651A
    Polk LSi M703
    Sonos Connect

• natchie
    Ughh, sounds like a cranky wire...may have to replace that cable...I have my experience of wiggling cables and I'm tired of that voodoo magic