Friends & Family!

Options

Comments

• DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Damn, the Adorama deal would have saved me about $250 in tax & shipping. It's not too late to cancel my order with Polk, but the 705's are backordered at Adorama. Somehow I get the feeling I'm gonna get screwed by the backorder status if I try to do that. Guess I'll stick with Polk direct.
  • msg
    msg Posts: 9,481
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Dang, yeah, that tax and shipping was a beating, but then again, half off LSiM's, so...

I'd be leery of that backordered status, too - maybe a phone call to Adorama to check their policy and whether they'll honor the purchase price regardless of fulfillment time?

Might still be time. Have you receiving shipping notification yet? Mine processed within hours.

EDIT: Upon further review, it looks like you buy now from Adorama, they ship when they're back in stock. It appears that deal is honored? Does appear to be tax free as well.
    http://www.adorama.com/PKLSIM705B.html?emailprice=t&hotlink=t&svfor=5m&utm_source=cj_552179

Then again, Dave, last time I ordered F&F, my stuff came on a pallette. Since you ordered 705's would you feel comfortable with those shipping through a regular carrier? They'd probably be fine, but I guess I'd feel a little better about them traveling by pallette. The shipping and tax does add up to a smart, face-slappy sum, though.
    Post edited by msg on
    I disabled signatures.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    That's the other thing which I'm also taking into consideration, shipping. I'd feel better about the whole lot coming on a pallet. The extra $250 hurts, but the huge discount helps lessen the pain. I can see myself getting sent a center & the backordered 705's getting cancelled, at which point I'd be up the creek.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Oh if you contacted him first, no worries. Adorama is selling them at the same price so..

Sent you the code what you getting? keep us informed.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    Not sure yet, but probably won't use mine, it is just bad timing for me.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Did not plan on doing this but here came the FF LSiM 50% off sale. So I've been enticed into completing my LSiM setup with a pair of 702's. Hope I like em...
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,314
    Options
    I received a code today and really can't take advantage of it, if anyone can use it, let me know. Offer ends 3/27. Polk's offer, that is, not mine.
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,522
    Options
    Is it free shipping?
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    Joey_V wrote: »
    Is it free shipping?

It's doesn't look like it is. Read a few posts back. Sounds like there's tax and shipping charges but they are packed very well.
  • msg
    Options
    Free shipping seems to apply only to "smaller" orders, like a single pair of 702's or 703's. Two pair of small speakers, or going with floorstanders seems to bump it over to freight for additional cost.
    I disabled signatures.
  • gce
    gce Posts: 2,158
    Options
    Yes, The 702's are free shipping and the last time the FF was on my 703's were free shipping also.
    Anaheim Hills CA,
    HT 5.1: Anthem MRX 720 / BDP-Denon DBT1713UD / Polkaudio LSiM703 / W4S mAmp's / Polkaudio LSiM706c / Polkaudio LSiM702F/X's / SVS PC12-NSD / Panasonic TC P55VT30

2 Channel: Rogue RP-5 / WireWorld Electra power cord / Marantz TT-15S1/ Ortofon - Quintet Black MC / Marantz NA8005 DAC / W4S mAmp's / Synology DS 216+ll-4TB / Polkaudio LSiM703
  • Joey_V
    Options
    gce wrote: »
    Yes, The 702's are free shipping and the last time the FF was on my 703's were free shipping also.

Sweet
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • DaveHo
    edited March 2016
    Options
    What types of orders may be excluded from Free Shipping?

Single items greater than 75 lbs or combined items greater than 150 lbs. may be subject to freight shipping, and excluded from free shipping.

How are the Freight Shipping charges calculated?

These rates are calculated based on the weight of the order and shipping address location.
  • pretzelfisch
    Options
    Yeah a floor stander will cost you freight shipping. or an order over 150 pounds.
  • Rich502
    Rich502 Posts: 146
    Options
    Anyone know if the freight delivery includes bringing the boxes inside the house at least? Ordered office furniture from Costco.com and it came via freight and the driver refused to bring it indoors. With a decent tip he helped push the large box in to the garage. Had I know, I wouldn't have purchased the product from Costco.com.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,377
    Options
    Looks like some of the speakers are coming out of a distribution center in Memphis rather than San Diego now. At least that is what I am seeing for East Coast delivery on a 706C CEVA can deliver the large floorstanders well without the need to palletize, but I don't think Polk is using them. Amazon does use them a lot, but that may be because of the number of big screen TV sets they sell.
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Options
    They will waive shipping if you complain enough...I spoke to CS then inside sales and then somebody called me back and waived shipping
    My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • Joey_V
    Options
    Rich502 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the freight delivery includes bringing the boxes inside the house at least? Ordered office furniture from Costco.com and it came via freight and the driver refused to bring it indoors. With a decent tip he helped push the large box in to the garage. Had I know, I wouldn't have purchased the product from Costco.com.

Typically if there is residential liftgate it will go To the garage
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    Kurt300 wrote: »
    Got my "last" LSiM - a second 706c. :) Will have a CS1000p up for grabs when it is replaced.

Ordered on March 21st, arrived on March 23rd. Just brought it in the front door. Wow. I think I may be the 1st on my block to have dual 706c center channels! :)
  • Kurt300
    Kurt300 Posts: 302
    Options
    Got my "last" LSiM - a second 706c. :) Will have a CS1000p up for grabs when it is replaced.

Ordered on March 21st, arrived on March 23rd. Just brought it in the front door. Wow. I think I may be the 1st on my block to have dual 706c center channels! :)

Oh, and that awesomely fast shipping was free. :) Thank you, Polk!
  • msg
    Options
    Same here, I was all set for a Mini-Joey_V experience earlier today...
    But the hoodlums beat me to it.

aoqjd9v5fkin.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,655
    Options
    msg wrote: »

aoqjd9v5fkin.jpg

Did you get ripped??
  • Jimbo18
    Options
    Say it ain't so, Scott.
  • msg
    edited March 2016
    Options
    haha, just kidding guys, that was the after shot lol

been waiting a lonnng time for these. got a call from the freight guy, unexpectedly, just after lunch, and booked it to the hacienda real quick, signed and got them moved in. awkward buggers. had to use a hand truck. I wasn't expecting them until sometime next week. Em's right - out of Tennessee distribution.

(Note to self: clean driveway this Spring)

8mdfmzwytm9b.jpg
    I disabled signatures.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,655
    Options
    haha, just kidding guys, that was the after shot lol

been waiting a lonnng time for these. got a call from the freight guy, unexpectedly, just after lunch, and booked it to the hacienda real quick, signed and got them moved in. awkward buggers. had to use a hand truck. I wasn't expecting them until sometime next week. Em's right - out of Tennessee distribution.

(Note to self: clean driveway this Spring)

8mdfmzwytm9b.jpg

Thank God, I was freaking out for you... ***hole >:)
  • DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    Options
    My 706 arrived today! Holy Toledo, it's uuuge.

I did not pay shipping, but did pay sales tax..
  • msg
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thank God, I was freaking out for you... ***hole >:)
    lol
    ah, that was awesome, cracking myself up lol
    and thanks man, that's good lookin' out!
    DaveMuell wrote: »
    My 706 arrived today! Holy Toledo, it's uuuge.
    I did not pay shipping, but did pay sales tax..
    niccce, Dave! yeah man, it's a huge center, it almost defies its dimensions. I thought the CSi5 was big, but the 706 makes it look like a little guy. are you scratching your head trying to find a space for it, or have you got that worked out?
    I disabled signatures.
  • DaveHo
    Options
    They will waive shipping if you complain enough...I spoke to CS then inside sales and then somebody called me back and waived shipping

Was that before or after you placed the order? I've got to be honest, even though they were 50% off, I'm feeling a bit put off since I could have gotten the same package from Adorama for $250 less since I would not have paid tax either. If I'd not already placed the order with Polk, I would have gone that route despite the backorder status of the 705s. Mine's already on the way, so probably too bad for me.
  • DaveHo
    Options

aoqjd9v5fkin.jpg

Hopefully a joke. If not, that really stinks. I'm expecting to sign for my bundle. I can't ever recall receiving a freight shipment and not signing for it.
  • gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,068
    Options
    To have them palatized and shipped freight even if it cost, would at least be piece of mind, than to have them jostled and tossed around on a UPS or Fed Ex Delivery truck, I would have had them shipped common carrier just for that reason. I hope everyone enjoys thier new LSIM'S congrats to all.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)