4 Shot Echo Issue

2»

Comments

• Gidy
    Gidy Posts: 9
    The boom mic that came with my 4 Shot Headset is sadly echoing. Is Polk still giving away free boom mic replacements?
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    Call CS tomorrow- 1-800-377-7655
  • Gidy
    Its not just the boom mic it's the mic built in on the aide too... Are these common issues?
  • Gidy
    Gidy wrote: »
    Its not just the boom mic it's the mic built in on the side too... Are these common issues?
    Made correction
  • Gidy wrote: »
    Its not just the boom mic it's the mic built in on the aide too... Are these common issues?

Yes, these are all common issues and have been a problem from the start. I highly recommend you return your headphones and go a different direction.
  • Gidy
    SgtPayback wrote: »

Yes, these are all common issues and have been a problem from the start. I highly recommend you return your headphones and go a different direction.

Well that's disappointing because I don't know where my friend bought these from. I think GameStop, but do they allow returns on unboxed purchases?
  • Can any seasoned polkie polkie weigh in on this, I want a decent headset, and Polk has been awesome mostly for me. Is this a product I can disregard? What would y'all say is a decent headset, Turtle Beach seem like cheapos with a bit of a monopoly to me, and not up to snuff for their hearsay or price. Senheiser any good? Those cheasy lookin skullkandy any good? Idk any !more really, I think Logitech and a couple other brands that make a lot of different hardware have a pair or two, but looking for solid all around, bang for the buck performance.
    2 Channel(work in progress):DAC: Schiit modi 2 uberAmp:Parasound 1200 MK IISub:RBH 1010-SEP Speakers: Monitor 5A peerlesscurrently running some krk rokit 3g since the HK pre outs died and i need to start breaking everything down to move in a couple monthsHeadphones:Source: tidalDAC: schiit modius epre: schiit sysAmp: AQ dragonfly black/ schiit magni2 Cans: Velodyne V-True, Grado SR225i, sennheiser x drop gaming headsetPC:DAC: schiit modius e(over spdif)pre: schiit sysspeakers: prenous eris 5 xtSub: Earthquake Sound MiniMe-P63most of my comments are passing on of info, im a noob, im just trying to help how i can, if im wrong or out of place to comment, dont hesitate to let me know :)"WITH WILLING HEARTS AND SKILLFUL HANDS, THE DIFFICULT WE DO AT ONCE, THE IMPOSSIBLE TAKES A BIT LONGER, WITH COMPASSION FOR OTHERS. WE BUILD - WE FIGHT FOR PEACE WITH FREEDOM"Seabee Memorial, Arlington, VA
  • Gidy wrote: »
    SgtPayback wrote: »

Well that's disappointing because I don't know where my friend bought these from. I think GameStop, but do they allow returns on unboxed purchases?

Take it back and they should be able to refund you. Not sure on the unopened return window, but an opened box is only 7 days. So get on it.
  • Can any seasoned polkie polkie weigh in on this, I want a decent headset, and Polk has been awesome mostly for me. Is this a product I can disregard? What would y'all say is a decent headset, Turtle Beach seem like cheapos with a bit of a monopoly to me, and not up to snuff for their hearsay or price. Senheiser any good? Those cheasy lookin skullkandy any good? Idk any !more really, I think Logitech and a couple other brands that make a lot of different hardware have a pair or two, but looking for solid all around, bang for the buck performance.

No offense, but a seasoned Polkie is not the person you need to consult on this. What you need is $.02 from seasoned gamers such as myself. Polk may be great for home sound, etc but they have no clue on what a quality gaming headset entails. Turtle Beach is solid, but without a doubt the Astro A40 and A50 are the best gaming headsets on the planet. So if you are looking for strictly a gaming headset, I would give them serious consideration. If you are looking for an all around headset to game, listen to music, etc then you might want to look at other options. But if gaming is the main priority you absolutely should skip Polk and go with Astro or Turtle Beach. I recommend that you do your own research outside this forum, read reviews, etc if you have any doubts. Good luck!
  • Bumping this old thread. Have you found a fix Polk? I’m having the same issue.
  • According to Polk's product page for the 4-Shot

https://www.polkaudio.com/products/4-shot-xbox-one-gaming-headset-blue-factory-renewed/support

the electronics are warranted for 6 months.

That is for factory renewed 4-Shots.

I believe Polk no longer offers new 4-Shots.
    Factory renewed 4-Shots are offered for $103.96.
    Sal Palooza