Monitor 7 "TL" Project

Options
westmassguy
westmassguy Posts: 6,850
edited April 2014 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
This was a fun project. Started with nice, clean, late model, Monitor 7 crossovers. The 5B SL3000 schematic was used as a reference. All caps, resistors, and Hi-Pass inductors were removed. Sonicaps and Mills MRA-12s were used throughout. As usual, a 5.8uf shunt cap was installed, and the Polyswitch was replaced with a .5 ohm Mills Resistor. The existing .22mh Hi-Pass shunt Inductor had to be changed to a .27mh @ .5 ohms. A 22 gauge would have been close, but that gauge is not a stock item from my regular suppliers. A .3mh, 20 gauge Jantzen was chosen. The Inductor was unwound to .27mh, and a .2 ohm resistor added in series to equal the required .5 ohm DCR for the shunt. All resistors were mounted to the underside of the circuit board to keep the top side clean, and provide room for the new shunt cap. New standoffs, and new riser boards for the large Lo-Pass shunt Caps were installed. Cardas Binding Posts topped off the project. Lastly, some wire management was done, and the Tweeter's ground leads had 3/16" female spade/quick-connects installed for the new RDO-198-1 Tweeters.
Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
Post edited by westmassguy on

Comments