New headphones from Polk...

Options
[Deleted User]
[Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
edited October 2013 in Headphones
Hello,
I thought CP members might like to find out about some new headphones a day before the rest of the world:

http://www.polkaudio.com/products/series/heritage

Enjoy, Ken
Post edited by [Deleted User] on

Comments

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    edited October 2013
    Options
    That's some good looking gear coming out, couple of things in that bunch that I'll be looking at.
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Heck yeah, those look QUITE nice. I might have to pick up a pair. I liked the over the ear Polks I auditioned minus the noise cancelling part.

I might pick a set or two or three of these up for me and my wife! :biggrin:.

Thanks for the "advance" notice Ken!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Hinge? Look too much like the Dre's!

Buckle, more interesting at that price point.

Not a fan of "in ear" phones. Cans of "last resort". But "youngsters" love them. Maybe my "daughter", she's a teenager?

I think the most interesting product here is the Woodbourne (depending on how it "sounds"). That's a spot that has a lot of competition and most of the products in that class kinda suck, IMHO! Hopefully, Polk has a winner. Now where are the Lady Gaga AD blitzes!!!!! Need a spokesperson to make Polk cool?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • Gadabout
    Gadabout Posts: 1,072
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Thanks for the heads up. Curious to hear how they sound. Especially interested in the Hinge and the Nu Voe's. Just in time for Xmas, I'll probably give them a whirl.

Scott
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid. ..... Frank Zappa
  • BrittonPatrick
    BrittonPatrick Posts: 10
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The new collection looks awesome..especially that buckled headphones..the design is just great..i bet the sound is terrific as well.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited October 2013
    Options
    Any plans for an open backed headphone with velour (or something very comfy) pads?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • D2Lo
    D2Lo Posts: 352
    edited October 2013
    Options
    The collection also has it's own microsite: http://www.polkheritage.com