Holiday Music Thread

13»

Comments

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
    Got this...seems appropriate...

7tyemjiisa0w.jpg
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,071
    edited December 2
    I will go with these two, although I like some of the other suggestions.
    d6of4wqlmnce.jpg

Chris's album is excellent, IMO. Steve Hackett plays guitar on it, and the choir is excellent as well as Chris's voice. The end of the album has "Run WIth The Fox", which was recorded in 1981 with the choir mixed into it. I actually prefer the version without the choir, but it is still a very good song either way.

For an even more contemporary album and group:
    65p8ru4l1hc3.jpg

Ok, I know Zooey Deschanel's voice is one of those love or hate voices, but I think she has a great voice, myself.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,308
    FestYboy wrote: »
    sa96zdl36syu.jpg
    Caety's favorite Christmas album. I just happen to like near everything he puts out, so...

I like that album too -- just a tremendously warm and intimate vibe; gorgeously recorded as well.

Mr. Sumner's version of The Cherry Tree Carol (which is a truly weird and wacky take on the story of Mary & Joseph) is absolutely superb, IMO.

If you really like that album, you might also really like this one :)
    My all-round personal favorite "Holiday Album" for the past decade or so -- and I am sure I already mentioned it before... but so what? ;)

06t83cammry5.png

-- also sumptuously recorded.
    You can try before you buy:

"Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

13»