Subwoofer not turning itself on?

Wyndar
Wyndar Posts: 2
edited December 2008 in Troubleshooting
I have a PSW10, that I bought about a year ago. I can't get it to recieve any signal, using multiple amps, is there something special that I need to do with the switches?

The subwoofer sends are initalized on the amp, but I can't get the red light to turn on, no matter what setting the "off/auto/on" switch is set to. I've even tested different plugs in my house hoping it was just something that needed to be switched on...

Please help >.<
Post edited by Wyndar on

Comments

• Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited October 2006
    My svs has a red light while on standby and green when it sees a signal.
    If I send a weak signal then the amp does not come on, more volume and it comes on.

If you are getting nothing at all maybe there is a fuse blown.
    Maybe the interconnect has gone bad.

not real sure but I assume it used to work for you so have you changed anything in your system or did it just stop working.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • Wyndar
    Wyndar Posts: 2
    edited October 2006
    I just get no light, no matter how much strength is sent through the channel. It did work before- is there a fuse inside the psw10? I suppose I could check that.
  • recordsmith
    recordsmith Posts: 1
    edited June 2007
    Sorry to bring back this thread from the dead. But my psw10 blew a fuse and I am trying to get a replacement. I know it is a 250V but what amperage is it? the only other marking on it is 5S2A. Tahnks any help would be appreciated.

Jon
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,658
    edited June 2007
    Hello,
    It is a 2.0 Ampere time delay fuse that is 5mm x 20mm.
    Regards, Ken
  • keboydjr
    keboydjr Posts: 2
    edited December 2008
    I have the same problem and my sub is less than a year old. So where do I get this 5S2A 250V 2.0 Ampere time delay fuse that is 5mm x 20mm? I've been to hardware stores and Radio Shack without luck.

I still love my Polk speakers.

Ken
  • apphd
    apphd Posts: 1,514
    edited December 2008
    I would let Ken give the final answer on this, but if I'm not mistaken the 5mm x 20mm fuse is very common and I don't think that the 250v 2 amp time delay should be too dificult to find. I think the Ratshack salesman you talked to may have been new. Also if I'm not mistaken the "time delay" is the same as "slow blow" maybe ask Ratshack for a "5mm x 20mm 250v 2 amp slow blow" fuse will give you better results.
  • keboydjr
    keboydjr Posts: 2
    edited December 2008
    Thanks apphd. I'll keep trying.
  • I replaced my burned out fuse with one you recommended but it made a terrible humming noise so I unplugged it... now what?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,548
    sumobobby wrote: »
    I replaced my burned out fuse with one you recommended but it made a terrible humming noise so I unplugged it... now what?

You got bigger problems. Just a guess as i have no idea of the hum. When power supply caps go bad there can be a tremendous 60hz type hum, that definitely makes one want to unplug immediately.