CRS Stands Dimensions

Options
schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,328
edited April 2006 in Vintage Speakers
I have a very nice pair of CRS speakers that I picked up several months ago. I've concluded that finding a pair of original stands (without speakers) is a longshot at best. I got some help with putting together a sketch of the CRS stands. I would appreciate if anyone who owns these stands to check the dimensions on the attached sketch and give me some feedback for accuracy, or suggested changes based on stability or other issues. The one dimension I need is the size of the square "beam" material used in the construction. I think that it is 1". Would someone please confirm. Thanks!
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited April 2006
    Options
    I measured my CRS stands a while back for someone else who needed the dimensions. My dimensions are slightly different from the ones you show. I have two sets of the stands and they both measured the same.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • schwarcw
    edited April 2006
    Options
    Thanks Raife!
    Carl

• ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Options
    Yes ,Thanks again DK. stalking you always gets the info.Your the MAN! :*
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,698
    Options
    How much does each stand weigh when lead-shot filled?
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • schwarcw
    Options
    Great job looking up this thread! I don't recall exactly as the CRS speakers are long gone (11 years ago). But the weight was more than sufficient. Even without the lead the sound from the CRS SDA speakers was amazing!
    Carl

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,801
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    How much does each stand weigh when lead-shot filled?

The stock stands weigh maybe 5lbs. each. I got 22lbs. of shot in each one, that's both top and bottom sections.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    Options
    Is 62 lbs at the same dims Darknight posted ok?
  • F1nut
    Options
    62lbs. each stand? Yeah, I don't see why not. How did you get that much weight?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    Options
    I just calculated what DK posted in cu.in. x 0.098
    Thats for 1" thick alloy. 1/2 is 31lbs ea.
  • F1nut
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Ok, so slightly more weight than the shot filled stands. Yeah, they'll be fine.

President of Club Polk

• xschop
    Options
    The 3 solid pieces would bolt together so they could go in storage or ship easily. I started a basic drawing and there could be a couple styles.
  • xschop
    edited May 2017
    Options
    2 threaded taps on each end of the center section and 2 countersunk thru-holes on top and bottom sections. If using 1/2" plate, the center section needs to be positioned more forward to alleviate the bolt strain.
    1 piece felt/foam pad on top?

09hqnbxoctst.jpg
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    This is a 2006 dated thread. Why bring up old stuff even if it could be helpful to someone today??