2006 meet?

Options

Comments

• dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,576
    edited January 2006
    Options
    We're already IN Vegas ****'s, and it SUCKS. It's only 11pm, and we've already resorted to Skyy and OJ, and Doro is cooking Ramen in the microwave now. What happened to my life?

Ran into a couple Polk higher ups today even, some dude named Paul, and this other guy Al, and some 'George' guy that claims to be affilitated with Polk (yeah right). I forget the name See E somesuch? Who knows.

Vegas is a no go, stop dreaming - think local.

Cheers,
    Russ
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Hey, I'll GLADLY trade place with you.

Stop bitching. :D

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited January 2006
    Options
    lots for spouses to do in Vegas Baby!! that right there will help you get the green light from your better half. ;)

Flights to Vegas are usually pretty cheap. Hotels could also be cheap. I'm sure one of the hotels would probably cut us some kind of rate.. you people with connections could help with that part.

Really would be a lot of fun...
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Just out of morbid curiosity, what would we do for gear? My 2.3tl's aren't going to fit in a carry on bag.

BDT
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    shipping! lots of people shipped gear in Sept for PF05. i think everything arrived in good condition. I know you're not going to ship 2.3TL's. but maybe something smaller.. ha ha ha
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    heh heh heh....

Realistically, there's a LOT more to it than that. I'm not really down with doing this with everyone just showing up at a hotel more or less haphazardly.

No offense to anyone's gear but I'm also not too keen on driving halfway accross the continent to get my groove on to a pair of RTi70's and an Onk HT setup.

Russ, Mark and I have already done this and there's a lot of work that goes on to putting one of these on. I don't say that in a bad way, but, I don't want Polkfest to be some sort of half **** event. The reason I've volunteered to do it again is, one, I have pretty decent space and resources to do it. Two, I've got a decent slate of gear at my disposal so I'm not as reliant on others bringing gear. Three, I'm within reasonable distance to a lot of the hardcore forum crowd (not to slight our growing Left Coast contingent). Last, but certainly not least, The Lovely Wendi knows how to throw on hell of a party and really enjoys doing it.

Anyway, that's about it for me. Charleston is on the table and I've already spoken with Al and Paul about it and they are sorta jazzed about Charleston again. That said, nothing is in stone. If the concensus is someplace else, by all means do it up but do it up right.

BDT
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    of course Troy (and Wendi). just doesn't seem fair for you guys to bear the load again so soon. it's way early. and if your place makes the most sense afterall.. by all means it might make the most sense, logistic wise.

But like you said.. it's easy for some East coasters to attend.. but quite a bit more difficult for some people who live West of the ole Mississippi to attend.

I'll try to attend again no matter where there's a party. ;)
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:
    We're already IN Vegas ****'s, and it SUCKS. It's only 11pm, and we've already resorted to Skyy and OJ, and Doro is cooking Ramen in the microwave now. What happened to my life?

Ran into a couple Polk higher ups today even, some dude named Paul, and this other guy Al, and some 'George' guy that claims to be affilitated with Polk (yeah right). I forget the name See E somesuch? Who knows.

Vegas is a no go, stop dreaming - think local.

Cheers,
    Russ

Mark must be lit..
    he`s signing his name Russ...... :D

Hey , wait a minute...
    you guy`s went to CES ?
    shitsticks..!
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • BlueMDPicker
    BlueMDPicker Posts: 7,569
    edited January 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    Lemme put it this way, in October, there will be a gathering at Chez BDT.
    October is perfect. I'm there! Let me know the dates when you and Wendi firm it up.

I'm bringing:

SE OTL monos
    Dynaco ST-70
    Grounded grid pre
    EE MiniMax tube CDP
    Shanling CDT-100 tube CDP
    Enough blues to gag a government mule

Vegas is fun for a couple of days. But, I'm booked there for business the entire last week of July and first week of August (which is right at 1 week and 5 days too much).
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I am there. Troy offered up for 06 quite a while ago, also RuSs. Either or both is great with me. I am all for keeping it local.

I can bring the MF Tri-Vista SACD/CDP and the Dodd MLP if another pre is needed. The R2R last year was great, maybe a vinyl rig this time. Would love to hear a SET rig with some high efficiency speaks.

Yoo Hoo its a ways off but still something to look forward to.

RT1
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I'm definitely in for October in SC. Been to Vegas....and I have abosulutely NO desire to go back. It ain't "all that" IMO.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2006
    Options
    All in all, would love to be in Troy's house again. He and his wife Wendy are great can I say "Southern Hospitality Supremo"

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Actually already discussed possible dates....thinking the holiday weekend in October.

For those that were here last time, about the only things that are the same are the SRS 2.3tl's and the Conrad Johnson pre. All new gear, house has been remodeled somewhat so, gearwise, it's not a simple rehash of the last time. Dave, my co-conspirator, also has some new goodies to add to the lineup.

Oh, and of course there will be enough food and drink for an army. Looking forward to the Doro/Bush rematch.

BDT
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Bummer on the east coast thing.

Maybe I'll go next year.
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2006
    Options
    dorokusai wrote:

Cheers,
    Russ

All you can eat buffets EVERYWHERE and you guys are eating Ramen? WTF dude!!

of course, eating a bar pie off a strippers thigh is another plan.

seriously though, if you like seafood, might want to head over to the seafood buffet at the Rio. theres a cheap one and a more expensive one, do the more expensive one......trust me. the beer batterred fish is to die for.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Skynut
    Skynut Posts: 2,967
    edited January 2006
    Options
    VEGAS

VegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegasVegas
    Skynut
    SOPA® Founder
    The system Almost there
    DVD Onkyo DV-SP802
    Sunfire Theater Grand II
    Sherbourn 7/2100
    Panamax 5510 power conditioner (for electronics)
    2 PSAudio UPC-200 power conditioners (for amps)
    Front L/R RT3000p (Bi-Wired)
    Center CS1000p (Bi-Wired) (under the television)
    Center RT2000p's (Bi-Wired) (on each side of the television)
    Sur FX1000
    SVS ultra plus 2

www.ShadetreesMachineShop.com
    Thanks for looking
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    guess this pretty much rules any any other location.. West is out it seems. will Polkfest ever make it out West? ;)

you East coasters horde everything... :eek:
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited January 2006
    Options
    It is after all the "right" coast.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,276
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Let's see, 2 'fest's ago (original BDT bash) I got stuck at work and could not get the vacation time. The HQ thing back in Sept fell right on my already scheduled beach vacation.

I'm all over heading to BDT's this year. Damn it, i'm going to make one of these events if it effing kills me! The last was the HQ bash back in 2003.

As far as I can tell, the Holiday weekend in October would be primetime for me. I'll have more than enough vacation saved at my new place.

For equipment, you gents have everything covered that I could offer to bring. I could offer up my photography skills though (and photoshopping said photos afterward...muahahahaha!). No strippers! I ain't bringin them dummies along!

Party on Garth!
    No excuses!
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2006
    Options
    What is the holiday weekend in Oct.?

Columbus Day, October 12.
    United Nations Day, October 24.
    Halloween, October 31.
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • danger boy
    edited January 2006
    Options
    curious here too. what holiday falls in Oct? Halloween might be fun. :p
  • hoosier21
    hoosier21 Posts: 4,408
    edited January 2006
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    curious here too. what holiday falls in Oct? Halloween might be fun. :p

Oh **** ;)
    Dodd - Battery Preamp
    Monarchy Audio SE100 Delux - mono power amps
    Sony DVP-NS999ES - SACD player
    ADS 1230 - Polk SDA 2B
    DIY Stereo Subwoofer towers w/(4) 12 drivers each
    Crown K1 - Subwoofer amp
    Outlaw ICBM - crossover
    Beringher BFD - sub eq

Where is the remote? Where is the $%#$% remote!

"I've always been mad, I know I've been mad, like the most of us have...very hard to explain why you're mad, even if you're not mad..."
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2006
    Options
    DIBS on dressing up as an SRS 1.2tl!

You can count on Doro to come as the biker dude from the Village People sporting assless chaps.

Actually, the holiday weekend would be Columbus Day. Halloween would be better.

John
    No excuses!
  • TroyD
    edited January 2006
    Options
    How about Columbus day...

BDT
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited January 2006
    Options
    Frankly, I would be cool with pretty much anywhere. Hell, I'd even host the damn thing. Vegas would be fun, but back east probably has the best chance of being a huge hit.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I am dressing up in my speedo. I only have one, so if its a three day event, well you get the picture!!

RT1
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited January 2006
    Options
    danger boy wrote:
    Who do we know in Kansas City? maybe some ribs? Mmmmmmmm! RIBS!

There are 4 or 5 of us here. And yes, I do know how to get to the rib places that aren't in the phone book! mmmm

I could also hand out more home theater demo DVD's than you can shake a stick at.
  • Tour2ma
    Tour2ma Posts: 10,177
    edited January 2006
    Options
    October in SC is great weather-wise...

hoosier,
    Need a lift?
    More later,
    Tour...
    Vox Copuli
    Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. - Old English Proverb

"Death doesn't come with a Uhaul." - Dennis Gardner

"It's easy to get lost in price vs performance vs ego vs illusion." - doro
    "There is a certain entertainment value in ripping the occaisonal (sic) buttmunch..." - TroyD
  • Strong Bad
    edited January 2006
    Options
    TroyD wrote:
    How about Columbus day...

BDT

Lead on BDT! Your crib, your call. Appreciate it very much that you would hold the event. I REALLY will do my best to make this one. Hmmm...do I fly or do I drive?

BDJ
    No excuses!
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited January 2006
    Options
    I am dressing up in my speedo. I only have one, so if its a three day event, well you get the picture!!

RT1

OK, BUDDY YOU HEAR ME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU SHOULD BE HEARING ME IN GEORGIA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok if we hook up you're not wearing that SPEEDO, so if YOU DO you're in the back seat one wick from you *I'M HITTING THE BRAKES SO HARD YOU MAYBE ON THE HOOD NEXT. Then I'm placing your dazzed **** in the trunk.

*You may have formal training at driving but I'm just F'ing NUTS.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma