Got Shotguns??

S3’s that is!!!lbeo9xt0yj9m.jpeg

Comments

• EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,086
    I guess your HT is almost done lol
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,007
    I love me some MIT cabling!
    I have some S3 and S1 cables biwiring my 3.1's.
    Where did you get all of that?????
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,914
    I’m using AVT1’s in my HT along with Audioquest inwall speaker wire..

I purchased almost all of it from Joe Abrams, he sells a lot on Audiogon, but I just call him when I need something, a couple pieces I believe I purchased on here but don’t remember from who now.

I am only using half of this in my 2 channel rig, the rest sits in my goody closet..

I was just doing some organizing and thought it would make a cool pic..
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,161
    The last time i seen a view of said closet it looked like a polk parts warehouse :D
  • honestaquarianhonestaquarian Posts: 2,007
    Joe Abrams is a good man. I had bought some MIT cabling from him on eBay years ago and sought him out again when I wanted to upgrade. Found him on audiogon.
    Living room Home theater: Upgrade Company modified Onkyo PR-SC5509,Sunfire Cinema grand Signature 5 channel amp(1st gen),Carver TFM-45,Carver M-400a,Panasonic TC-P50ST60 50" Plasma(last gen before Plasma production stopped)Pioneer Elite DVL-91,Meridian 519 Dolby AC-3 RF Demodulator,Oppo Digital UDP-205,TiVo Bolt VOX,Nakamich BX-300,Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type VxMR cartridge,Polk SDA-SRS 3.1 TL(with RD-0198 tweeters, upgraded with Larry's rings, black hole5,an Avel-Lindberg 1000VA isolation transformer, VR3 customer crossovers and internal wiring),Polk CS-1000P(with SL-6506 tweeter),Polk Monitor 5jr(with RD-0194 tweeters),Polk RT-35i (1),Polk Mini Monitors,Polk PSW150(4)Monster Power HTPS 7000 MKII Signature series,Monster Power AVS 2000 Signature Series,Various MIT,Monster,Upgrade Company and Belden interconnect,power,HDMI,Coax and Toslink Digital and speaker cables.

Bedroom 2 channel system:Integra DTM 40.4,Nakamichi BX-100,TiVo mini,Musical Fidelity X-LPS,X-PSU,Carver TFM-25,Sony KV-34XBR970(last of the widescreen tube sets before production stopped)Technics SL-1200MKII,Shure V15 Type V MR cartridge,Polk RT-55(with SL-6506 tweeters),Polk PSW-200 in plexiglass(2),Sony Playstation 3 slim.Monster Power HTPS-7000,Monster AVS-2000, PowerVarious Kimber,Audioquest and MIT interconnects and speaker cables.
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The last time i seen a view of said closet it looked like a polk parts warehouse :D

It still does even though I thinned it out, I got rid of about half of it..

• FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,884
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

That's now my closet, thanks to Larry.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,161
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    x5mtam4g6eyf.jpeg

Those look like assault shotguns.....
    Assaulted by good sound that is :p :p
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,306
    That's an 'Investment' in GoodSound!
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,903
    Dang Larry! Did you get a raise this year?
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 301
    edited November 5
    Those pictures will cause F1nut to have an Eyegasm
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Dang Larry! Did you get a raise this year?

LOL!! No, these have been purchased over the last eight years, finding anyone selling their S3’s is very rare anymore, and Joe hasn’t had them in over a year or two because MIT doesn’t make them anymore..

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 725
    I was thinking, oh this thread is gonna disappear just like my other one, but no it’s cables?
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,437
    Shocked that the very word "shotgun" isn't blocked by Vanilla...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• GlennDogGlennDog Posts: 1,567
    Toolfan66 wrote: »

I thought it would make a cool pic..

You thought right, brother . . . Me likey!
    Power Rogue M180 monos & Adcom GFA 5802
    PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Rears Definitive Technology BP-2
    DAC North Star Design Supremo
    Source PSA PWT & Oppo 105
    Pre/Pro Integra DHC 40.1
    LCD Samsung LN46B750
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Pre Cary SLP-98 F1
    Center Salk HT2C
    Wires MIT S3.3
    PSA PC AC-12
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,244
    I bid $0.79, and a piece of gum from my shoe.
    Sweet! :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.