Lets lighten the mood, how's about a KARMA!!!!!

EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,077
edited November 2 in The Clubhouse
Seems like we could all use something fun and nice, and also reminders of why this place is the way it is.

Here is my way of facilitating that....... A KARMA!

This site in general has been AWESOME to me and my family in many ways, some behind the scene's, some posted on the forum. My Karma doesn't even come close to making the scales even, but it does help add a bit more to my side....

Up for Karma is a Dell Venue 8 3480 android tablet. I won it originally in a Karma from @Irrenhaus in 2015. I haven't been using it much lately, so it’s time to pass along the Karma to another deserving member.

It will come like I got it, with a black carrying case, and I will be wiping it back to factory default so you can install whatever you want on it. It will also include a MicroSD card that I added on after the fact, so IIRC that’s another 32gig of storage on top of the 16 gig's it’s got already.

Image and spec's below

main.jpg

Dimensions: 216 x 130 x 8.95 mm
Weight: 338 g
SoC: Intel Atom Z3480
CPU: Intel Silvermont, 2100 MHz
GPU: PowerVR G6400 MP4, 533 MHz
RAM: 1 GB
Storage: 16 GB
Display: 8 in, IPS, 1920 x 1200 pixels, 24 bit
Battery: 4550 mAh, Li-Ion

**Note** You must have more than 50 posts to be eligible, and CONUS only (sorry, I love you Canuks, your just too pricey to ship to :sad: ).

Here is how YOU enter to win:

You need to post about a time that: another forum member helped you out, or gave you good advice (and list what it was). Please tag that persons user name using @Username, that way they get notified and see your post thanking them.

Then pick a number 1 - 1000.

Winner will be picked on Friday, November 9th.

Jesse has been too popular here lately, so I’m gonna flip the script and let everyone’s favorite forum member pick the number via a random number generator.

Just remember, don’t “hassle” the “russ” :smile: @lightman1

qonih67ljf59.png
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 7,243
    Oh sweet Jesus, why did I look? Lol
  • polrbehrpolrbehr Posts: 2,134
    Very nice karma!!
    Not in however, too many wireless devices in the house as it is :)
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,988
    Since he had a rough go at it in the For Sale thread, I'll nominate @dbryant. I'll go with 50. If I win, please give it to him.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,236
    edited November 2
    Cool karma! I'll go in with 250, or if you didn't mean 1000, 25. :)
    Depending on how I cope with the Android OS, I'll switch to this from my iPad.
    Thanks!
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,877
    edited November 2
    Great karma.
    Post edited by la2vegas on
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,077
    Since he had a rough go at it in the For Sale thread, I'll nominate @dbryant. I'll go with 50. If I win, please give it to him.
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Thanks!
    la2vegas wrote: »
    In with 702. Great karma.

Thanks fellas.... my first post got truncated (likely because it balked after uploading Russ’s pic), so look at the rules again and post your thanks to that person and your in :smile:

"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,236
    edited November 2
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    Thanks!
    la2vegas wrote: »
    In with 702. Great karma.

Thanks fellas.... my first post got truncated (likely because it balked after uploading Russ’s pic), so look at the rules again and post your thanks to that person and your in :smile:

Oh, that's what you meant by that. :)
    Ok, how about the time when @dromunds and @Nightfall helped me out big time with my vinyl setup by sending me my Shure cartridge, not to mention all the other people who gave me tips, advice, and more not just with vinyl but everything. I'd basically have to tag everyone on the forum, so I'll stick to the two above. But pretty much everyone who will read this has helped me in some way or another and I thank them all for that. :)
    Micah

Main system: Technics SL3200, Shure M97xE, Lafayette LR1100 for tuner, Hagerman Audio Labs Bugle 2 phono stage, NAD C352 integrated, Boston Acoustics VR 2, Boston PV500, generic ICs, and BJC Belden speaker cables.

Desktop: Dell Precision 690 running iTunes, Yamaha RX-v665, Monitor Audio R90s, Velodyne VA-907, generic ICs and speaker cables.
    I've always thought the goal of high-end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    Awesome! That’s perfect!

You sir are IN!
  • DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,545
    Nice karma. In with 560
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 19,354
    was the mood heavy?

Excellent karma!
    ... and since I have been thinkin' about gettin' a tablet (actually, I've been thinkin' that Mrs. H could benefit from a tablet whilst on the road birding), I would like to, please, be in.

I have been so helped in amazingly substantive ways by so many people on this forum, I feel guilty to even pick out one individual --- but I shall.

I will call out @mrbiron for his beyond-generous sharing of not one but two of his own hand-built phono preamps (one of which is still being held hostage here even as I type this) for long term (longer than he ever expected, I'm sure!) evaluation in my abode. Thank you very much, sir!

In with 427, if I may.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 18,398
    Great Karma Dan, but not in because I can't hassle the Russ. ;) :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

DollarDave wrote: »
    Nice karma. In with 560

Thanks Dave, please post a story about a time someone on the forum helped you, or gave you good advice (and if advice, what it was so we can all learn more :smile: )
  • dbryantdbryant Posts: 271
    Thanks for the nom. I offered the buyer $175 and for him to keep the speakers. Just to move on and try to make peace.

Too much negativity in that thread. Time to get back to the pos.
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    was the mood heavy?

It was a little heavy last night but the cleaning crew came in this morning and made everything purdee again. :D
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA 2B, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, 4, RTA 11TL, RTA 8TL, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7 EBONY, LSI7 CHERRY, LSIC, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • oldrockeroldrocker Posts: 1,985
    Awesome but not in.

I also need to karma something around here for all the help and the "putting up with me' I've received...
    dbryant wrote: »
    Thanks for the nom. I offered the buyer $175 and for him to keep the speakers. Just to move on and try to make peace.

Too much negativity in that thread. Time to get back to the pos.

Did he take you up on your generous offer?
    Regardless, it was a bigger man move on your part.
  • DollarDaveDollarDave Posts: 2,545
    Ir's been RuSsMaN that has helped me the most. I've gotten some great deals from him and some sound advice on, believe it nor not, turntables.

I know he ain't around much anymore, but he was/is one of out most valuable members.

Second runner up is Jessie with a wit and wisdom extending beyond audio to politics and woodworking.

In with 560.
  • tonyp063tonyp063 Posts: 448
    Excellent karma. Not in though.

But I want to shout out @westmassguy .
    David 's knowledge sharing has been invaluable to me.
    I owe Russ one... but not sure when we'll get that squared away.
    Actually, I owe a bunch of karmic favor returns, some pretty substantial, to a bunch of folks at this fine forum. Srsly.

You could start by disclosing the location of your town dump... :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with PS Audio NuWave Phono converter, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 525a CD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo UDP-205 Blu-ray , Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds

• John MegadethJohn Megadeth Posts: 1,988

To make it official, I'll give thanks to @factorz for being my first Polkie resume customer. I still appreciate the trust he placed in me to serve him.
    You could start by disclosing the location of your town dump... :p

Since I don't live there any more, I'd be happy to :)
    They're open Wednesday morning & most of the day Saturday.

Tell 'em I said "hi" if you drop by.

hygcvs0jqtuh.png

... it's a magical place, 'specially on a fine early summer's day.

13247173725_83bcff5c98_b.jpgswappile1 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

11874309956_13c1a54258_z.jpgtodaystreasures by Mark Hardy, on Flickr
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,149
    Great Karma. Not in, too many great people on here to single one out. I've been given solid advice by members who forgot what I know.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • verbverb Posts: 3,670
    Great Karma! Good show my man!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, Cambridge CD transport, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 9,900
    I know where you live, Dan.....
    What kind of car you drive.......
    Where you work.....
    Have your wife's cell phone number.....
    I know a really cool Italian guy from Chicago who may or may not owe me a favor.....

Are you sure you want to do this?.....
    I have it on good authority that Tony is retired after he did that “thing” for the family a few days ago. He is no longer in the concrete business...

You will find him on the beach sucking down canollis.

• deronb1deronb1 Posts: 4,314
    Nice Karma Dan!
    edited November 2
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I know where you live, Dan.....
    What kind of car you drive.......
    Where you work.....
    Have your wife's cell phone number.....
    I know a really cool Italian guy from Chicago who may or may not owe me a favor.....

Are you sure you want to do this?.....

Lol..... cmon Russ... it CANT be any worse than the p00p Gollum that Herm did lol...
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 11,113

You will find him on the beach sucking down canollis.
    That just sounds SO wrong :s :s

• voltzvoltz Posts: 5,000
    Not in but super good KARMA!!! Rock on Dan!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD