Apple HomePod & Tidal

Want to like my new Apple HomePod but thinking abt returning. My primary music service is Tidal. HomePod just randomly stops after songs. Won’t play the play list. Use the speaker in bathroom/ shower. It’s annoying.

Any experience this? What is your general opinions on HomePod??
AVR: Marantz SR 5011
L/ R: Polk Audio 703 LSiM (Bi Amp'd)
C: Polk Audio 255c - LS
R: Def Tech
Sub: PSW 505 (12 inch)
DVD: Oppo UDP 203
TV: 2016 Sony XBR 75X850D

Comments

• ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 4,658
    My aunt and uncle returned theirs after about 3 days and my buddy returned his after a week.
    Both had similar complaints to yours.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 4,640
    Why not just a Bluetooth speaker with your phone for that application? I bought this for the beach and have been shocked but how good it sounds for causal listening in the garage or in a small room:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K9NLD76?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I Bluetooth tidal to it without a hiccup...
    HT Rig:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Peachtree Audio Nova Integrated; Bryson BPD-1; Mains: Dynaudio Emit 10 + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Polk cs400i; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; LG UP870 4K BDP

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Peachtree Audio NovaPre; Audiosource Amp Two, PSB Imagine B, Boston VR-10 center, NHT Super One CI surrounds, ACI Titan subwoofer, Squeezebox Touch
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,701
    You could try a Google Home Mini for $50.

You can stream directly from Tidal since the app will identify and make available any Chromecast devices including, in my case, the Polk Magnifi Mini in the bedroom. Sound is pretty good for a hockey puck sized speaker. Not as good as a Sonos Play1, Amazon Echo, or (likely) the Apple. Now whether you want ANY of those powered up within range of conversation is different issue, hehe.
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon (Sonic Transporter) * PS Audio DirectStream Jr. * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Signature II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (full mods)
    Office: Roon * ProJect Pre Box S2 * Pass Amp Camp Amp * PSAudio Dectet * MIT S3 * Hartley Reference Mini-Tower
    Beach: Music Hall MMF5.1se (mods) * Speed Box II * DL103r * Belles 20a Phono * Roon * Schiit Yggdrasil * Belles 20a Pre * First Watt F5 Clone * PSAudio Dectet * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods)
  • KingkwasKingkwas Posts: 72
    Returned the HomePod today. Sounded great but that was it. Back to my Bose soundlink mini. Which is fine. Maybe in time Apple will fix HomePod.
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    I’ve got two that we’re sent to me to use in a stereo pair and they’re sitting unused in the closet with the Alexa speakers. I guess I just don’t get the smart speaker thing, anything that speaker will do my phone can do really just as well and in most cases better. I personally think they should abandon HomePod and focus on other products...
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,717
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Why not just a Bluetooth speaker with your phone for that application? I bought this for the beach and have been shocked but how good it sounds for causal listening in the garage or in a small room:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K9NLD76?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I Bluetooth tidal to it without a hiccup...
    Thanks for that link, mom has been looking for something just like that.
  • KingkwasKingkwas Posts: 72
    I’ve got two that we’re sent to me to use in a stereo pair and they’re sitting unused in the closet with the Alexa speakers. I guess I just don’t get the smart speaker thing, anything that speaker will do my phone can do really just as well and in most cases better. I personally think they should abandon HomePod and focus on other products...

I’ll one or both off you. Thoughts?
  • jayu969jayu969 Posts: 105
    Surprising so many issues with an Apple product...is there quality going down?