Apple HomePod & Tidal

Want to like my new Apple HomePod but thinking abt returning. My primary music service is Tidal. HomePod just randomly stops after songs. Won’t play the play list. Use the speaker in bathroom/ shower. It’s annoying.

Any experience this? What is your general opinions on HomePod??
AVR: Marantz SR 5011
L/ R: Polk Audio 703 LSiM (Bi Amp'd)
C: Polk Audio 255c - LS
R: Def Tech
Sub: PSW 505 (12 inch)
DVD: Oppo UDP 203
TV: 2016 Sony XBR 75X850D

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    My aunt and uncle returned theirs after about 3 days and my buddy returned his after a week.
    Both had similar complaints to yours.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,952
    Why not just a Bluetooth speaker with your phone for that application? I bought this for the beach and have been shocked but how good it sounds for causal listening in the garage or in a small room:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K9NLD76?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I Bluetooth tidal to it without a hiccup...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    You could try a Google Home Mini for $50.

You can stream directly from Tidal since the app will identify and make available any Chromecast devices including, in my case, the Polk Magnifi Mini in the bedroom. Sound is pretty good for a hockey puck sized speaker. Not as good as a Sonos Play1, Amazon Echo, or (likely) the Apple. Now whether you want ANY of those powered up within range of conversation is different issue, hehe.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Returned the HomePod today. Sounded great but that was it. Back to my Bose soundlink mini. Which is fine. Maybe in time Apple will fix HomePod.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    I’ve got two that we’re sent to me to use in a stereo pair and they’re sitting unused in the closet with the Alexa speakers. I guess I just don’t get the smart speaker thing, anything that speaker will do my phone can do really just as well and in most cases better. I personally think they should abandon HomePod and focus on other products...
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Why not just a Bluetooth speaker with your phone for that application? I bought this for the beach and have been shocked but how good it sounds for causal listening in the garage or in a small room:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01K9NLD76?psc=1&ref=yo_pop_mb_pd_title

I Bluetooth tidal to it without a hiccup...
    Thanks for that link, mom has been looking for something just like that.
  • I’ve got two that we’re sent to me to use in a stereo pair and they’re sitting unused in the closet with the Alexa speakers. I guess I just don’t get the smart speaker thing, anything that speaker will do my phone can do really just as well and in most cases better. I personally think they should abandon HomePod and focus on other products...

I’ll one or both off you. Thoughts?
  • jayu969
    jayu969 Posts: 112
    Surprising so many issues with an Apple product...is there quality going down?