WTB Larry's Rings for SDA-CRS

Taking a flyer before starting to drill holes for HNs. This is the 2 tweeters, 2 midwoofers model (1984). Thank you!

Comments

• FaustinFaustin Posts: 734
    I believe westmassguy is handling the rings now. Check with him.
  • monepolkmonepolk Posts: 850
    I know he had Gimpod's Circuit Boards, but didn't know he had the Larry's Rings.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,554
    Faustin wrote: »
    I believe westmassguy is handling the rings now. Check with him.

News to me. Fake news that is
  • FaustinFaustin Posts: 734
    My bad. Way to early in the morning to be on the puter.
  • Mr_HzMr_Hz Posts: 145
    edited September 10
    If you're in between ring cycles (Der Ring des Nibelungen - lol - for you opera fans...? crickets...) you might consider buying/using hurricane nuts - if you haven't already. Almost the same result, and always available.
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • Dr_WuDr_Wu Posts: 56
    Thanks for the reply Mr Hz. No joy to be found on the ring search. I did install hurricane nuts; they worked out very well. Enjoying the sounds!

Cheers!
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,793
    I must ask, what exactly do Larry’s rings do to improve the sound?
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
    edited September 11
    They are a mechanical lock down for the drivers. Just help tighten everything up. Improved coupling to the cabinet improves bass response and overall clarity. Also facilitates future mods without risk of stripping wood/MDF screw holes.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 10,554
    mlistens03 wrote: »
    I must ask, what exactly do Larry’s rings do to improve the sound?

Lock the speaker driver tighter to the baffle. Screw holes do not wear out.
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 1,793
    Thanks!
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    Main setup:
    Speakers are one of three, Mission Freedom 770 IV’s, Polk LSi25’s, or Polk SDA-CRS (stock XO, SL2000’s, Blade/Blade model). Electronics are as follows: for the LSi’s and SDA’s, a Technics SU-v75 acting as a phono preamp, into a Yamaha RX-v665, into a Crown XLi800 power amplifier. For the Missions, I have a Lafayette LR-1100. Turntable is a Technics SL-3200, with a Shure M97xE. Cables are generic/soon to be replaced garbage.
    An old post I found on AK, from 2013.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,826
    Larry's rings is just a myth, don't listen to these guys, the rings only bring out the dragons from hell..
    B)