Marantz 2215B, repair and recap

corticocortico Posts: 405
edited May 12 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
Recently, I have fixed and recapd this 2215B for a friend. It came in with a channel down, ended up being a dirty selector switch, easy troubleshooting and fix.

As protocol on a 40 year old unit, all electrolytic caps were replaced, this time I used a mix of Nichicon FG, KG and Elna SilmicII, the Marantz vibe is there in spades....
uiqidw1zkh2d.jpeg
1ppga3o8hf9j.jpeg
jhupqpbakqs4.jpeg
es9n6kfqonad.jpeg
6as25orzz2ly.jpeg
"If it measures good and sounds bad, -- it is bad. If it sounds good and measures bad, -- you've measured the wrong thing." Daniel Von Recklinghausen

Comments

• westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 6,111
    Very nice!
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver C-500

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Exclusive Distributor of Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • mlistens03mlistens03 Posts: 2,118
    Well done! Looks and sounds awesome!
    Not Tom, or Trey, or Jim
    NAD C352
    Monitor Audio Radius R90’s/Polk SDA CRS/Mission Freedom 770 IV
    BJC speaker cables, generic RCA’s, one homemade power cable, because that’s going to do any good with the rest of the generic ones.
    Technics SL3200 turntable and a Shure M97xE phono cartridge
    Velodyne VA-907 subwoofer
    Lafayette LR-1100 acting as a tuner and phono.
    I've always thought the goal of high end audio was not to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Turn that darn music down' but to have your neighbors bang on the wall and say, 'Tell your friends to go home and you can practice later this week'.
  • ConradiclesConradicles Posts: 5,748
    Beautiful!