Marantz AMP-1 in the house!

verbverb Posts: 3,328
So I finally stepped into the digital rabbit hole!
Marantz AMP-1 integrated amp with their renowned DAC! Bad pic, but trying to hide the mess in the office!
3r7fwn6psueo.jpg
Finally going to say goodbye to my Logitech 5.1 (using only 3.1) setup with the computer!
Oh yeah, generic audio output from the MB.
I have a pair of Acoustic Technolgies Classics that I'll use for my computer nearfield setup!
More to come! :smile:
Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated, Auris BluMe, Polk TSi200's
Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer

Comments

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 14,878
    Nice! Keep us posted.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Pienza, Certaldo, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S15, RTA 15tl, RTi12; Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, Legato Unum, Legato Semis, Legato Duo; Emerald Physics CS-2.8; Klipsch KLF-20
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: BoX, Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • verbverb Posts: 3,328
    DSkip wrote: »
    Nice! Keep us posted.

Thank you Skip! I really appreciate your guidance!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Micro Seiki MB14 TT, VTL 2.5 Pre, Marantz CD6006 CDP, Conrad Johnson MF2300A Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, AQ Diamondback (version 1) RCA IC's, MIT Terminator2 Cables
    Office: PC, Marantz AMP-1, Acoustic Technologies Classic Speakers, Polk PSWi225 wireless sub, MIT AVt2 cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable
    Living Room: Pioneer SX-N30 Network Receiver, Pioneer PD10AE CD Player, Furman M8-LX Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi Subwoofer
  • mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,621
    Cool - enjoy! :)
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Thanks dude! BTW the wood side panels look really cool! :smile:
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 40,378
    Love the looks. You need the matching CDP.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• mdaudioguymdaudioguy Posts: 4,621
    verb wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »

Thanks dude! BTW the wood side panels look really cool! :smile:
    See if you can pry them off with a screwdriver. >:)
    7.1 - polk RTi10 x 3 (LCR) : FXi3 x 2 : RTi4 x 4 : Sunfire SDS-12 : Yamaha Aventage RX-A2040 : Adcom GFA-7500 : Squeezebox Touch : DIRECTV : Roku SE : Panasonic PT-AX200U PJ @ 120"
    5.1 - Definitive Technology ProMonitor 800 x 4 : ProCenter 1000 : Klipsch Sub-10 : Pioneer Elite SC-91: DIRECTV : LG OLED55B6P : Roku Premiere+
    Garage Duty - polk Monitor 10s : Pioneer A-717 Integrated Amp : Squeezebox Classic
    So today I had the chance to hook up the AMP-1. Yay!

Paired with a set of new Acoustic Technologies Classic speakers. MIT Terminator2 cables. Office nearfield setup using my PC as source. Using iTunes at the moment (yes I know) with their lossless format.

So far so good! More impression to follow!

So today I started playing with the Marantz control panel in Windows7. This pops up. No info in the manual, none that I could find on-line. Anyone have any experience with it?
    ijy642ae5qhu.png
    Latency values range from 1 - 32 msec
    Buffer Size ranges from 64 - 32768 samples, or auto

The settings shown in the pic were default when I installed the driver.
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 4,718
    Looks like a fairly typical driver for a USB audio interface. I have a similar one for my Numark V7 which is essentially a DJ style DAC.

I'd just leave them as is/default. Honestly you shouldn't even need the Marantz specific software installed. Unless perhaps for high res content playback?
    So today I started playing with the Marantz control panel in Windows7. This pops up. No info in the manual, none that I could find on-line. Anyone have any experience with it?
    Latency values range from 1 - 32 msec
    Buffer Size ranges from 64 - 32768 samples, or auto

The settings shown in the pic were default when I installed the driver.

Got Dayens?
    Cool thanks. I was playing with it a bit. It allows you to change the settings in real time, but no discernible difference to my ears.
    Yep, should not have an aural impact which is why I'd just recommend the default setting. All it's controlling is the size of the buffer, and how quickly the computer should be filling it up.
    Cool thanks. I was playing with it a bit. It allows you to change the settings in real time, but no discernible difference to my ears.

Got Dayens?
    Good to know. But since they put it there, I just had to play with it!
    Here's another one. Default setting shown.
    5up5vvsy6dty.png
    Options are 24 or 32 bit.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 9,900
    Good to know. But since they put it there, I just had to play with it!

That's what I tell the ladies
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
    What is your primary source? I'm assuming it's 16 bit.

16 bit can populate/be carried by a 24 bit container. Unless you're playing high res 32 bit content I'd just leave it at 24.
    5up5vvsy6dty.png

Got Dayens?
  • FestYboyFestYboy Posts: 2,773
    Think about that one like the visual difference between the NES and the N64...
    But does the Marantz have "Blast Processing"!?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/the_man_responsible_for_segas_blast_processing_gimmick_is_sorry_for_creating_that_ghastly_phrase
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Think about that one like the visual difference between the NES and the N64...

Got Dayens?
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What is your primary source? I'm assuming it's 16 bit.

16 bit can populate/be carried by a 24 bit container. Unless you're playing high res 32 bit content I'd just leave it at 24.
    5up5vvsy6dty.png

Gotcha. The Queensrych SHM CD was remastered in 24bit.