Marantz AMP-1 in the house!

verb
verb Posts: 10,176
So I finally stepped into the digital rabbit hole!
Marantz AMP-1 integrated amp with their renowned DAC! Bad pic, but trying to hide the mess in the office!
3r7fwn6psueo.jpg
Finally going to say goodbye to my Logitech 5.1 (using only 3.1) setup with the computer!
Oh yeah, generic audio output from the MB.
I have a pair of Acoustic Technolgies Classics that I'll use for my computer nearfield setup!
More to come! :smile:
Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.

Comments

• verb
    DSkip wrote: »
    Nice! Keep us posted.

Thank you Skip! I really appreciate your guidance!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
  • verb
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Cool - enjoy! :)

Thanks dude! BTW the wood side panels look really cool! :smile:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Love the looks. You need the matching CDP.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    verb wrote: »
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Cool - enjoy! :)

Thanks dude! BTW the wood side panels look really cool! :smile:
    See if you can pry them off with a screwdriver. >:)
  • verb
    So today I had the chance to hook up the AMP-1. Yay!

Paired with a set of new Acoustic Technologies Classic speakers. MIT Terminator2 cables. Office nearfield setup using my PC as source. Using iTunes at the moment (yes I know) with their lossless format.

So far so good! More impression to follow!

• verb
    So today I started playing with the Marantz control panel in Windows7. This pops up. No info in the manual, none that I could find on-line. Anyone have any experience with it?
    ijy642ae5qhu.png
    Latency values range from 1 - 32 msec
    Buffer Size ranges from 64 - 32768 samples, or auto

The settings shown in the pic were default when I installed the driver.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    Looks like a fairly typical driver for a USB audio interface. I have a similar one for my Numark V7 which is essentially a DJ style DAC.

I'd just leave them as is/default. Honestly you shouldn't even need the Marantz specific software installed. Unless perhaps for high res content playback?
    So today I started playing with the Marantz control panel in Windows7. This pops up. No info in the manual, none that I could find on-line. Anyone have any experience with it?
    Latency values range from 1 - 32 msec
    Buffer Size ranges from 64 - 32768 samples, or auto

The settings shown in the pic were default when I installed the driver.

• verb
    Cool thanks. I was playing with it a bit. It allows you to change the settings in real time, but no discernible difference to my ears.
  • Clipdat
    Yep, should not have an aural impact which is why I'd just recommend the default setting. All it's controlling is the size of the buffer, and how quickly the computer should be filling it up.
    Cool thanks. I was playing with it a bit. It allows you to change the settings in real time, but no discernible difference to my ears.

• verb
    Good to know. But since they put it there, I just had to play with it!
  • verb
    Here's another one. Default setting shown.
    5up5vvsy6dty.png
    Options are 24 or 32 bit.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,124
    Good to know. But since they put it there, I just had to play with it!

That's what I tell the ladies
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • Clipdat
    What is your primary source? I'm assuming it's 16 bit.

16 bit can populate/be carried by a 24 bit container. Unless you're playing high res 32 bit content I'd just leave it at 24.
    5up5vvsy6dty.png

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Think about that one like the visual difference between the NES and the N64...
  • Clipdat
    But does the Marantz have "Blast Processing"!?

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/11/the_man_responsible_for_segas_blast_processing_gimmick_is_sorry_for_creating_that_ghastly_phrase
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Think about that one like the visual difference between the NES and the N64...

• verb
    Clipdat wrote: »
    What is your primary source? I'm assuming it's 16 bit.

16 bit can populate/be carried by a 24 bit container. Unless you're playing high res 32 bit content I'd just leave it at 24.
    5up5vvsy6dty.png

Gotcha. The Queensrych SHM CD was remastered in 24bit.