Polk Monitor 11 speakers

Options
Alas, I've come to the realization that while I love these speakers, I'm just not in love with them anymore...

Purchased by me and discussed at length nearly 8 years ago in this thread: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/1308329

Strong MD heritage - from @Terpsfan to @BlueMDPicker, and evidently, even @F1nut has had the pleasure of having his ears on these!

More info here: https://polksda.com/monitor11.shtml

Consecutive serial numbers, still bone stock. Peerless tweeters are delightful! Condition is pretty much as described in the previous thread, except they've aged 8 years.

$150, pickup in the 21157 zip, or willing to meet in the Baltimore area.

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    edited February 2018
    Options
    :o

No, NO! Arty you must contain yourself. You already have a pair... already have...

Must contain...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Stupid cheap money for those speakers. They are what the Monitor 10's could have been.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Maybe they're destined to stay in MD??? I mean they've been there their entire lives. Then again I'm less than 2 hours away from B-more...
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Good Lord, somebody jump on these. Are you kidding me, a buck and a half ? Peerless?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Maybe

Post edited by pitdogg2 on
  • dromunds
    Options
    Initial thread above from BlueMDPicker also says Peerless. Maybe mdaudioguy can chime in
  • pitdogg2
    edited February 2018
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    Initial thread above from BlueMDPicker also says Peerless. Maybe mdaudioguy can chime in

I'm sorry dromunds i looked at the other and seen the picture.
    You are correct. Since they have fuses on the back i'd lean towards one of two tweeters peerless (which the original ad states) or SL1000
    Going to lean towards peerless.
    I'd love to get ears on them
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Options
    These do have Peerless. Posting the polksda link may have caused some confusion. Yes, they are smooth sounding!
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    This was the model of the first set of Polks I owned. I later bought SDA-CRS+, and then Monitor 5jr+ years after that.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • F1nut
    Options
    This is the Monitor 11.

77t5eg7n3pgv.jpg

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• TNTsTunes
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    This is the Monitor 11.

77t5eg7n3pgv.jpg

Agreed.

But so are these, they are just an earlier version.

inxxza7kbirf.png
    "Make a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light
    a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."

• pitdogg2
    Options
    I wonder if the bass is lower in the first gen since the drivers are lower in the cabinet :p
  • FestYboy
    Options
    I have the second pair shown. Given the construction, I would not give them the RTA moniker.
  • F1nut
    Options
    TNTsTunes wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    This is the Monitor 11.

77t5eg7n3pgv.jpg

Agreed.

But so are these, they are just an earlier version.

inxxza7kbirf.png

The pair in the second pic are the later version with vinyl wrap instead of real wood veneer on the early version. The early version also has a larger PR.

President of Club Polk

• dromunds
    Options
    The pics in BlueMDPickers earlier thread show serial numbers 1826 and 1827
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    dromunds wrote: »
    The pics in BlueMDPickers earlier thread show serial numbers 1826 and 1827

I agree, it looks like a 6 in the picture, but they're actually 1827 and 1828! :)
  • FestYboy
    Options
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    Semantics... :p
    Or I received a counterfeit! :o
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    Ok, these really need a new owner soon... My wife suggested the other night that if I keep them, I should paint the brown part black! Oh, and I DO know where to find black paint. :p

(Not gonna happen, but thought it was funny.)
  • FestYboy
    Options
    How soon is soon?

(Can't believe these aren't gone yet).
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    mdaudioguy wrote: »
    Ok, these really need a new owner soon... My wife suggested the other night that if I keep them, I should paint the brown part black! Oh, and I DO know where to find black paint. :p

(Not gonna happen, but thought it was funny.)

Whaaaaaattt? That's crazy talk!
  • mdaudioguy
    Options
    How soon is soon?

(Can't believe these aren't gone yet).

Soon, as in before I come home and find her with an open can of paint!

Disclaimer: She would never do that.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    Best sounding pair of vintage Polk speakers that I've ever owned.

GLWTS!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Are you willing to ship? I live in SE Michigan.
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    @verb, unless these have been power grabbed (or the like) I would advise against it. The likelihood that they would survive the trip unscathed is low regardless of how they are boxed... Shippers are hard on things that large and heavy.
  • verb
    Options
    @verb, unless these have been power grabbed (or the like) I would advise against it. The likelihood that they would survive the trip unscathed is low regardless of how they are boxed... Shippers are hard on things that large and heavy.

Yeah I hear ya. One can dream :) Not much play here in SE Michigan on Polks :(
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • FestYboy
    Options
    Go west young man!!! Polks are cheap and plentiful, just ask @la2vegas ...
  • verb
    Options
    Jeez I know! Lot's of goodies out there! :smiley:
  • F1nut
    Options

I've shipped large heavy speakers multiple times without the original boxes or packing material. If you know how to pack them and know the materials to use shipping should not be a concern. One pair went to Yellowknife NT and of course arrived in perfect condition.

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    Options
    Methinks fear of the undead has a bit to do with your success ;)