Custom 1967 Camaro

Options

Comments

• ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    Options
    Hate the hood design but love everything else about it. That dual snorkel look bugs me even on the cars it looks right on.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    That is my favorite Camaro body-style of all-time. That and the '68, which were virtually identical. Although I prefer the '69 grille more.

I would prefer Cragar S/S mags to whatever those are. And please replace all of the original factory chrome.

As far as the car being lowered like that? It makes me want to be physically ill.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    2b9d72fd7f5dc5a9703446d4313dd1bb--sick-dog-cute-pug-puppies.jpg

Viking64 wrote: »
    As far as the car being lowered like that? It makes me want to be physically ill.

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    That is my favorite Camaro body-style of all-time. That and the '68, which were virtually identical. Although I prefer the '69 grille more.

I would prefer Cragar S/S mags to whatever those are. And please replace all of the original factory chrome.

Some of that era's Trans-Am (the cars that are the reason for the "Pony car" genre if you will) were as low if not lower. The pony cars were the road race cars of their day and when built for war had to handle better and lower center of gravity vastly improves upon stock handling.

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Viking64
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Some of that era's Trans-Am (the cars that are the reason for the "Pony car" genre if you will) were as low if not lower. The pony cars were the road race cars of their day and when built for war had to handle better and lower center of gravity vastly improves upon stock handling.

That may well be, but I still think it would look better with the front raised 2 inches and the back raised 4 inches from where it is now. I would go into more detail, but I would probably get banned for racism.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

That may well be, but I still think it would look better with the front raised 2 inches and the back raised 4 inches from where it is now. I would go into more detail, but I would probably get banned for racism.

At least you know your limitations. That is the first step to redemption.
  • Viking64
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    At least you know your limitations. That is the first step to redemption.
    I think the word you're thinking of is "limits". And as far as redemption goes, that's just silly nonsense.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Love it, beautiful job.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    Almost looks like a Dave Kindig design. I'd drive it too!
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Sorry guys. 1969 Camaro all the way.
    67 and 68 were just practice runs for Chevy.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • charley95
    charley95 Posts: 908
    Options
    ic35kco70jt1.jpg
    69 for me! Me and my old girlfreind back in 86 in her pretty rare 69 Z11 Pace Car.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »

Beautiful !!! Makes me jealous as the toys are hibernating in Michigan :(
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    Since I can’t have a 69, it’s why I have this.. can’t believe it’s been 7 years already, only has 27k miles on it..

f5pv0tsq9inj.jpeg
    h2usj3o905wz.jpeg
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Yeah Larry.... but do UBuyGAS?...... :wink:

Also I never saw the interior.... I'd expect we'd see "Larrys Rings" in all the stock speaker locations to ensure a snug fit :smiley:
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • verb
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    Since I can’t have a 69, it’s why I have this.. can’t believe it’s been 7 years already, only has 27k miles on it..
    Love it !!!
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Man now that is green
    Nice Larry
  • Viking64
    Options
    I'll take this one instead. B)

rj2mqcvo502y.jpg
  • verb
    Options
    I'll take this one instead. B)

rj2mqcvo502y.jpg

Nice ride !!!
  • Viking64
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I like the top one, Larry. :D I can't maximize it, but it looks like a '69 S/S with a 396.
  • verb
    Options
    Yearly event in Michigan. Woodward Dream Cruise. 3rd week in August.
    In 2016 GM celebrated the 50th anniversary of the Camaro. Very first Camaro ever built ...
    b5ssv83pnq23.png
    http://wardsauto.com/industry/2016-woodward-dream-cruise-gm-exhibit-birmingham#slide-0-field_images-1626841
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    L O V E D THIS Camaro when I was a kid after seeing this movie for the first time in '85:

https://youtu.be/utIjyD721XY

I owned this Camaro:

28086466379_082d82aa61_b.jpg

If I had the ca$h to get whatever I wanted, (in Camaro guise that is) I'd get the new ZL1 1LE:

https://youtu.be/W-Ji10MU22o

I agree with the driver in that the major limiting factor of a car like that is the driver and that people should have to take special courses if they want to own and operate any of the modern "supercars" as, in the wrong hands, they can be deadly.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Viking64
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    L O V E D THIS Camaro when I was a kid after seeing this movie for the first time in '85

I owned this Camaro:
    The one from "Better Off Dead" looks like a 1967 S/S and yours looks like a 1971-1973.
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    vibixdutxrjo.jpg

I've owned several Camaro's over the years. This one was my favorite, bought new in '79 (I was 19). Not much HP stock by todays standards but like vintage speakers she responded well to "mods". Got me a serious amount of *** as well, lol...
  • deronb1
    deronb1 Posts: 5,021
    Options
    I had a '67 in 1985. When I left for the Army, I asked my step dad to drain the engine. He didnt and the block cracked. Told them to just sell it. They sold it to two guys from Georgia who said they were going to race it and replace the engine anyway. Two months later I get a letter from the Macon County Sheriff Dept stating that my car was used in an armed robbery. They didnt remove the plates before they sold it!

• ZLTFUL
    Options
    vibixdutxrjo.jpg

I've owned several Camaro's over the years. This one was my favorite, bought new in '79 (I was 19). Not much HP stock by todays standards but like vintage speakers she responded well to "mods". Got me a serious amount of *** as well, lol...

I had an '80 Z28. Had a built 406 with 2 stage NOS kit backed by a heavily built TH400. 10 second car on small tires. I sold it the week before I left for basic training because I didn't trust my little brother to not kill himself in it while I was gone (He had already wrapped a tubbed 82 Malibu with a 502 and a blower around a telephone pole racing earlier that year).

• Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Options
    x4mf4bfb9av8.jpg

I had one similar to this (close in color without the racing stripes) in high school. Loved the car and had a blast with it. I wish I would of kept it.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    The one from "Better Off Dead" looks like a 1967 S/S and yours looks like a 1971-1973.

The one from Better off Dead was a '67 SS & mine was a 1970 1/2 Camaro 350 with a 4bbl & 4-speed Muncie "rock crusher"
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Viking64
    Options
    halo wrote: »
    The one from Better off Dead was a '67 SS & mine was a 1970 1/2 Camaro 350 with a 4bbl & 4-speed Muncie "rock crusher"

Ahhh, 70 1/2! Is that why there is a full front bumper instead of the split? Interesting. :)