Christmas Karma: Rolling Stones "Their Satanic Majesties Request" LP

Options
Nightfall
Nightfall Posts: 10,072
edited December 2017 in The Clubhouse
One of the original pressings. There's so damn many on Discogs with such minute differences between them that it's too much of a chore to find your exact pressing sometimes. I see this LP on eBay from $25 to $100 or more. Could be valuable, but most likely a $20 record.

London Records NPS-2

Just washed in Spinclean and put in a brand new MoFi inner sleeve and generic outer sleeve. Original paper inner included.

To enter pick 1 - 100 as well as answer the following question:

What is your favorite band in the world and why is it Tool? :p I jest with the latter half.

EDIT: Must be a member of at least 1 year.
afterburnt wrote: »
They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk

Comments

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,663
    Options
    Please count me in with 27.

And who else but the Beatles. Then Pink Floyd.

Thanks
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, WAY Silver 3 Ana+ Speaker Cables, WAY Silver 4+ Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,984
    Options
    Not in because I have an original but i like your Karma style!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,973
    Options
    Great karma! In with 61

I would have a hard time with just 1 favorite but right up there would be any Tom Petty and some early Van Morrison.
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, Polk L600, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • sgtmick63
    Options
    I'm in with 70.
  • decal
    decal Posts: 3,205
    Options
    What a great Karma at Christmas time. Many Thanks.
    In with 60. Favorite band, The Rolling Stones of course !!!!
    If you can't hear a difference, don't waste your money.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    Options
    In with the number 23. Favorite band is The Beatles, because their music is timeless, and has influenced pretty much everybody that has followed them from all other genres.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • miner
    miner Posts: 1,305
    Options
    69 - Stevie "Rave On" and Double Trouble
    [
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited December 2017
    Options
    In with 42, The Stones, as they are proof that yes, " you can sell your soul for Rock and Roll"

But The Who is my favorite, at this point in my life.

And thank you for the generous Karma.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,959
    Options
    Very awesome....in with 7. Favorite band is The Clash....they took punk and morphed it into so much more over the years.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Neat karma -- not in but very cool of you, Nightfall.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2017
    Options
    kevhed72 wrote: »
    Very awesome....in with 7. Favorite band is The Clash....they took punk and morphed it into so much more over the years.

Morphed it onto pop, much the same way TheCars and DEVO sold out techno...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Options

I enjoy The Clash, The Cars, and Devo, but still truth.

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Cool karma

Pink Floyd

Not in
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• kevhed72
    Options

While some of their later albums had the one or two big hits, which could be considered "pop", not necessarily true of the entire albums.

• nooshinjohn
    Options

While some of their later albums had the one or two big hits, which could be considered "pop", not necessarily true of the entire albums.

Agreed... I like The Clash, Cars and DEVO. Just saying they strayed a bit from their roots to make more money, and the Cars did so more than most.

• kevhed72
    Options

Agreed... I like The Clash, Cars and DEVO. Just saying they strayed a bit from their roots to make more money, and the Cars did so more than most.

True.....I'm sure you listened to Sandinista a few times over the years. Great album with some very poppy songs with some stuff which I consider way off the beaten path....so to speak.
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 863
    Options
    In with 26

Favorite band would be Led Zep because they did rock n roll like nobody before or after them.
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Very nice holiday spirit karma Josh!

I'll throw 80 in.

Favorite band? The Hooters... duh! :p

Well, they were my favorite in the early 80s...

Nowadays, I like too many to pick a favorite.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    Nice karma! In with 46.

I'd have to give the nod to Ozzy &/or Sabbath. Started my love of heavier music.

Funny you should mention the Hooters. They were my very first concert. Saw them in my local middle school's gym.
  • headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Not in, but this album is excellent. If you don't have it, you want in on this Karma. One of my favorite Stones albums.

BTW, YES is my favorite band (not saying "the best", but my favorite). They are my favorite because at a time when so many bands were doing blues based rock (which was great (Zeppelin, Stones, Cream, etc. etc.)), YES (and some others) were doing something else (different).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • tonyp063
    tonyp063 Posts: 1,048
    Options
    Excellent karma! In with 21

ELP. The loss of Keith Emerson hit me as hard as Bowie's passing.
  • scubalab
    Options
    DaveHo wrote: »
    Funny you should mention the Hooters. They were my very first concert. Saw them in my local middle school's gym.

Dave - How Ironic... The Hooters were my first concert too! I was a freshman or sophomore in high school (around 1985 or 1986). I lived in Scranton, and they played at Rocky Glen (Ghost Town in the Glen) Amusement Park in Moosic, PA (cool OLD amusement park that I think is mostly gone - or haunted - today). I remember it being in an old enclosed pavilion (probably a MAJOR fire hazard by more current standards). They opened the 'barn style' doors and it was a race to the front. A friend an I made it to the very front. I had an old Kodak slim camera and got some pretty cool pictures of the show. I even got a drumstick and likely still have it and the pictures somewhere in our attic!

Little fact about the Hooters... Rob Hyman actually wrote or co-wrote "Time After Time" and sings backup on Cyndi Lauper's version. Still a great song nearly 35 years later. Their live performance of that song at the concert I attended had many lighters in the air!

Ah... good times.

For some reason, it just feels wrong talking about Cyndi Lauper and the Hooters in a thread about the Stones!
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    scubalab wrote: »
    Dave - How Ironic... The Hooters were my first concert too!
    Where is the irony in that?
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    scubalab wrote: »
    Dave - How Ironic... The Hooters were my first concert too!
    Where is the irony in that?

It's like rain on your wedding day. It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

On the same page now?

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,693
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    It's like rain on your wedding day. It's like 10,000 spoons when all you need is a knife.

On the same page now?
    I wouldn't say rain on your wedding day was irony, but the spoons one could be. A better example would be "Man Gets Killed In Safety Demonstration". :p

The example earlier was "coincidence", but not irony. Of course, when you consider that most Americans don't know the meaning of the word "irony", as well as "celibate" or "entree", it is common to see random situations being considered "ironic". :o
  • Nightfall
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »

On the same page now?
    I wouldn't say rain on your wedding day was irony, but the spoons one could be. A better example would be "Man Gets Killed In Safety Demonstration". :p

The example earlier was "coincidence", but not irony. Of course, when you consider that most Americans don't know the meaning of the word "irony", as well as "celibate" or "entree", it is common to see random situations being considered "ironic". :o

Man, you ruined it. :D I know all of that, he clearly meant coincidence.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

• scubalab
    Options
    No, dammit... I meant ironic, and I’m sticking with it. :p

I was once asked to use ‘before’ in a sentence, and I said... ‘2 and 2 before’.
  • Nightfall
    Options
    Monday I'll pick a winner.

• gudnoyez
    gudnoyez Posts: 8,066
    Options
    Just now seen this generous karma, in with 53 please. It never changes for me, the late great Tommy Bolin has always been my favorite, solo and all the other groups he has been associated with.
    Home Theater
    Parasound Halo A 31 OnkyoTX-NR838 Sony XBR55X850B 55" 4K RtiA9 Fronts CsiA6 Center RtiA3 Rears FxiA6 Side Surrounds Dual Psw 111's Oppo 105D Signal Ultra Speaker Cables & IC's Signal Magic Power Cable Technics SL Q300 Panamax MR4300 Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables Audioquest Forest USB Cable

2 Channel
    Adcom 555II Vincent SA-T1 Marantz SA 15S2 Denon DR-M11 Clearaudio Bluemotion SDA 2.3tl's (Z) edition MIT Terminator II Speaker Cables & IC's Adcom 545II Adcom Gtp-450 Marantz CD5004 Technics M245X SDA 2B's, SDA CRS+

Stuff for the Head
    JD LABS C5 Headphone Amplifier, Sennheiser HD 598, Polk Audio Buckle, Polk Audio Hinge, Velodyne vPulse, Bose IE2, Sennheiser CX 200 Street II, Sennheiser MX 365

Shower & Off the beaten path Rigs
    Polk Audio Boom Swimmer, Polk Audio Urchin B)
  • Nightfall
    Options
    l4wRyrl.png