Just bought a new Lexus!

Comments

• txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,476
    Shut up bud :)
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 9,425
    I don't know Ron. My car is 13 years old now, but is still working fine. My next car will be my last, and I would like a really nice car once in my life. On the other hand, I listen to the stereo all the time, and drive very little. So, does it make sense to have $50K sitting in the garage most of the time? Maybe, maybe not. :)
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-20 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon for source, Denali 2000 (2) for amps
    Shunyata Z Anaconda XLR analog ICs, Z Anaconda speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables
    Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 8,476
    I hear ya' Bud
    You can get some pretty nice cars in the 30-35K range

What's your average annual miles
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures, Simaudio 780D DAC
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Modwright LS100, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers
    Not much now, but I would like to cruise when I retire. I will hold onto the Mazda until it falls apart, and then revisit the car issue. I do like that IS though, but last week it was the Nissan 370Z. LOL
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Revelation Audio Cryo-Silver Reference DB-25 umbilical power cable for preamp modules

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,450
    I'll bet the air flow getting to the motor was a major part in the designing of it.

I personally would've liked to see something breaking up that big black space too.

I remember when dodge brought out the big honking bumper on their trucks years ago. I thought that design needed a little reworking too. JMHO though.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • nguyendotnguyendot Posts: 3,572
    I've always loved the GS series. The current one is the king of the competition right now, I believe it won car & drivers head to head against the bmw 5 series. I just this past weekend got rid of my 2011 BMW 550i. Fun car, fast as hell in a straight line...but ultimately it cost way too much to maintain.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • charley95charley95 Posts: 571
    What are you going to replace the BMW with?
  • WillowWillow Posts: 8,761
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I don't like the grille. It reminds me of this dude's mouth.

dtxteo34gxke.jpg
    I can't stand the look.
    Just like the new badges on many cars. Take Benz and Acura. The emblem is huge in the front I don't care for it. Just like Ralph Lauren polos it went from the small horse to a huge half shirt size.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607(pre), Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Tributaries Optical, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Rotel RDV 1045 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII and Android MXQ Amlogic S805 Media player. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Rotel 1075, Polk Patio 25x4, MIT AVT3 ICs

Every maker wants their brand to be seen. I bet I get more airflow through the radiator than all other cars though. I hate Leaf's,Smart cars & Prius's HRC & BHO!
  • SlapahoSlapaho Posts: 212
    Just eyeballed a new dark metallic gray GS-350 F Sport today in a Best Buy parking lot. I know it's not going to perform like the LFA did but it's definitely better looking. I'd still have to go with a Jag F-Type though in that price range.
  • nguyendotnguyendot Posts: 3,572
    charley95 wrote: »
    What are you going to replace the BMW with?

Went with a 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium. 90% of the V fun, with none of the V maintenance lol.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
    bold84zp5kc5.jpeg

My new baby!
    More to come.
    mbkzcrgq31hy.jpeg
    dux8kfko8pzc.jpg
    It was hellish flying to Houston getting the car but, the 1100 mile journey home was awesome. Getting ready to polish some imperfections out of the paint and then having a guy come to ExPel the front end and mirrors. Man I love this car!
    No mods will be done to this car like all the nickle d**k zipperheads over on the Lexus forums do to their cars. I think it looks fine just the way it is! Morons.
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 27,822
    Love the red leather, congrats man.
    legacy Focus 20/20
    Butler tdb 2250
    Cary Xciter dac
    Joule LA-100
    Pioneer BDP 320
    Sony 4k 55 850c
    FX 500 surround
    Acoustic zen Satori SC's
    Pioneer elite vsx21
    Sonos-Cullen mod.
    Audio Metallurgy GA-0 digital
    PS Audio Quintet
    Analysis Plus crystal ovals
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2's IC
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    Interior is a dead ringer for my father's F Sport. It's nice - congrats bud.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 3,450
    Nice !!!!

14 miles huh ?

I love the vintage dash clock !

I too am a fan of red leather interiors .
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies . I am glad to be a part of a select group that tries to take our auditory and visual senses to a higher level: we EXPERIENCE them.... GOT SDA?... Got TFM ?
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 601
    edited December 11
    Interior and exterior colors are both gorgeous. Nice!

How's the Mark Levinson audio system sound?
    Bedroom 2 channel: NAD C316BEE, Marantz cd6004, Rotel RCD-1072, Sony SCD-CE595, Polk Audio LSiM 703, Audioquest Bedrock & King Cobra, Kimber Kable Tonik
    HT: Onkyo HT-RC360, Athena Micra 6
    No mods will be done to this car like all the nickle d**k zipperheads over on the Lexus forums do to their cars. I think it looks fine just the way it is! Morons.

Nice car. How, nothing is perfect. What mods are these other guys doing?
    Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Interior and exterior colors are both gorgeous. Nice!

How's the Mark Levinson audio system sound?

It's ok, nothing to write home about.
    BlueFox wrote: »

Most of these guys lower them, change the exhaust and put different wheels on them. To me it's just a bunch of garbage that serves no purpose.
    z359uc9rgps6.jpg
    Major upgrade from my beater that I've had since 09. I must say this old Buick has never let me down. Paid 2k for it back then and doesn't use oil and the air still works.
    BlueFox wrote: »

Most of these guys lower them, change the exhaust and put different wheels on them. To me it's just a bunch of garbage that serves no purpose.

That is stupid, and certainly isn’t an improvement.

Bud

Lumin S1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,113
    Beautiful Ride Charley, Pure Class!!!
    SDA SRS 3.1TL's/Dynaudio Contour S 3.4 LE's
  • LegenderLegender Posts: 335
    edited December 11
    z359uc9rgps6.jpg
    Major upgrade from my beater that I've had since 09. I must say this old Buick has never let me down. Paid 2k for it back then and doesn't use oil and the air still works.

Wow, a car that nice and cheap and with the AC still working, I'm puzzled why you felt the need to upgrade. :)
    Music: Marantz AV7005 - Yamaha MX1000 - Denon BDP-1911 - SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Denon 1906 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Parasound JC-2, Parasound JC-1; Oppo 103; PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 7,020
    z359uc9rgps6.jpg

I got one of those! '91, 3.3L loaded to the hilt Limited, makes for an extremely nice highway floater!
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,655
    Personally I think you should make an exception and move the Buick rims over to the new ride.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Harbeth: P3ESR, 30.2, SHL5+; Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C