Just bought a new Lexus!

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    I'll bet the air flow getting to the motor was a major part in the designing of it.

I personally would've liked to see something breaking up that big black space too.

I remember when dodge brought out the big honking bumper on their trucks years ago. I thought that design needed a little reworking too. JMHO though.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    I've always loved the GS series. The current one is the king of the competition right now, I believe it won car & drivers head to head against the bmw 5 series. I just this past weekend got rid of my 2011 BMW 550i. Fun car, fast as hell in a straight line...but ultimately it cost way too much to maintain.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • What are you going to replace the BMW with?
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Viking64 wrote: »
    I don't like the grille. It reminds me of this dude's mouth.

dtxteo34gxke.jpg
    I can't stand the look.
    Just like the new badges on many cars. Take Benz and Acura. The emblem is huge in the front I don't care for it. Just like Ralph Lauren polos it went from the small horse to a huge half shirt size.
  • Every maker wants their brand to be seen. I bet I get more airflow through the radiator than all other cars though. I hate Leaf's,Smart cars & Prius's HRC & BHO!
  • Just eyeballed a new dark metallic gray GS-350 F Sport today in a Best Buy parking lot. I know it's not going to perform like the LFA did but it's definitely better looking. I'd still have to go with a Jag F-Type though in that price range.
  • nguyendot
    nguyendot Posts: 3,594
    charley95 wrote: »
    What are you going to replace the BMW with?

Went with a 2014 Cadillac CTS Vsport Premium. 90% of the V fun, with none of the V maintenance lol.
    Main Surround -
    Epson 8350 Projector/ Elite Screens 120" / Pioneer Elite SC-35 / Sunfire Signature / Focal Chorus 716s / Focal Chorus CC / Polk MC80 / Polk PSW150 sub

Bedroom - Sharp Aquos 70" 650 / Pioneer SC-1222k / Polk RT-55 / Polk CS-250

Den - Rotel RSP-1068 / Threshold CAS-2 / Boston VR-M60 / BDP-05FD
  • It was hellish flying to Houston getting the car but, the 1100 mile journey home was awesome. Getting ready to polish some imperfections out of the paint and then having a guy come to ExPel the front end and mirrors. Man I love this car!
  • No mods will be done to this car like all the nickle d**k zipperheads over on the Lexus forums do to their cars. I think it looks fine just the way it is! Morons.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    Love the red leather, congrats man.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    Nice !!!!

14 miles huh ?

I love the vintage dash clock !

I too am a fan of red leather interiors .
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    edited December 2017
    Interior and exterior colors are both gorgeous. Nice!

How's the Mark Levinson audio system sound?
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    No mods will be done to this car like all the nickle d**k zipperheads over on the Lexus forums do to their cars. I think it looks fine just the way it is! Morons.

Nice car. How, nothing is perfect. What mods are these other guys doing?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Clipdat wrote: »
    Interior and exterior colors are both gorgeous. Nice!

How's the Mark Levinson audio system sound?

It's ok, nothing to write home about.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    No mods will be done to this car like all the nickle d**k zipperheads over on the Lexus forums do to their cars. I think it looks fine just the way it is! Morons.

Most of these guys lower them, change the exhaust and put different wheels on them. To me it's just a bunch of garbage that serves no purpose.
  • z359uc9rgps6.jpg
    Major upgrade from my beater that I've had since 09. I must say this old Buick has never let me down. Paid 2k for it back then and doesn't use oil and the air still works.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    BlueFox wrote: »

Most of these guys lower them, change the exhaust and put different wheels on them. To me it's just a bunch of garbage that serves no purpose.

That is stupid, and certainly isn’t an improvement.

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Beautiful Ride Charley, Pure Class!!!
  • Legender
    Legender Posts: 478
    edited December 2017
    z359uc9rgps6.jpg
    Major upgrade from my beater that I've had since 09. I must say this old Buick has never let me down. Paid 2k for it back then and doesn't use oil and the air still works.

Wow, a car that nice and cheap and with the AC still working, I'm puzzled why you felt the need to upgrade. :)
    Music: Oppo103 - Parasound JC2 - Parasound A21- SDA 3.1
    Theater: Denon 3808 - B&K 7500/Emotiva XPA-3- RTi12, CSi5, RTiA7x4, PSW505
    Sleeping: Marantz 70005 - Harman Kardon 2400 - SDA 2
    2 Channel: Cary 306 SACD - Canary Audio 906 - Pass Labs x250 - PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, Polk LSiM705, SVS SB13 Ultra
    Office: Dell Optiplex, Emotiva XDA-2, Adcom 5500, LSiM 703
    Spares: Yamaha CA-810; LSi 15; Kenwood Basic M2a, Yamaha M60/M80, Polk Monitor 7, SVS SB13 Ultra
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    DSkip wrote: »
    Personally I think you should make an exception and move the Buick rims over to the new ride.

What ?? Send those new speakers back bro, some frequencies are interfering with your brain waves. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    LOL, I've done all of that to my car.

• Those same guys wouldn't get replacing crossover parts, Cardas binding posts, spikes, and the other crap that goes on here because they're not into it and would think it's a waste. Modifying cars or motorcycles or boats or whatever has been going on since each was put in production. Leaving something stock is boring. Even your beloved Polk makes product for people to modify their cars. It may not be your thing but it's definitely not stupid or a waste to those that are into it.

I personally hate all the punks that get a decent paying job and put a hundred grand into a 4WD deseil truck to try and impress people. Most can go years without ever putting it in 4WD or need to. Some probably don't even know how to. I still respect the engineering. And being a mechanic I think about the efforts put into the build. I just hate the reason why it was built. For a skinny **** punk that thinks it will make him look more important. Every time I see one of them rolling coal from a stop light makes me want to pull out a pistol and see if they opted for Kevlar when they had it wrapped.
  • The point I was making is that you may as well take a Bic lighter to the $$ wasted on stupid add ons that add zero $$ value to a vehicle.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    The point I was making is that you may as well take a Bic lighter to the $$ wasted on stupid add ons that add zero $$ value to a vehicle.

Nothing will add value to an object that depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot.
    Based on your statement, you had better not add a single glade plug-in because it's a waste of money and won't add value to your car, even though you may want it...
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • No air freshener needed due to the smell from the fine Corinthian leather!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,862
    Just clean your car don't stink it up with a plugin.