Looking at Honda Generators, open to others . . .your recommendations?

Options
2»

Comments

• ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,650
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    They can't make an F1 power unit worth a damn.

As David Hobbs would say: "KABLAMMO!!!" :p

Oh yeah, years back when Honda had their factory team those engines would always blow in a spectacular manner. Their current power units simply die without the flames and billowing clouds of smoke. I guess that's a step in the right direction.

It's a clean BLOW ;)

I'm somewhat... Nvm...

...slightly amused?

Yeah thats it...
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,916
    Options
    nbrowser wrote: »
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Viking64 wrote: »
    They can't make an F1 power unit worth a damn.

As David Hobbs would say: "KABLAMMO!!!" :p

Oh yeah, years back when Honda had their factory team those engines would always blow in a spectacular manner. Their current power units simply die without the flames and billowing clouds of smoke. I guess that's a step in the right direction.

It's a clean BLOW ;)

I'm somewhat... Nvm...

...slightly amused?

Yeah thats it...

Oralroused...

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options
    Wow this went left faster than a blown Honda
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    That GIF is a good example why the NHRA mandates blower restraints for top fuel and funny cars... That's a few hundred pounds popping out of that hood!!! They're lucky it didn't swing the other direction.
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,759
    Options
    GlennDog wrote: »

btw, I was looking closely at the EU2800

Having done the small generator thing once, I believe you won't be happy with a 2800W gen based on your criteria.

I would also recommend a brushless head if the 2800 doesn't have one.

I may be wrong, could have a high surge rating. Not saying a 2800W unit wouldn't start a fridge, window A/C unit, air handler fan, or a microwave, but trying to do that simultaneously could tap the limits of the gen.

My suggestion is price out what you want, then explore a 30A model and compare cost.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I'd also say you can't beat Honda's stuff like this. I got Harbor Freight's most recent mailer sitting on top of my crapper to thumb through and saw their claim comparing to Honda. Only thing that stood out was it's quieter. Probably way quieter when its broken down and won't run. Buy quality and know it'll be there for you when ya need it.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,052
    edited December 2017
    Options
    ^^^^^^^^No doubt the Honda is the superior machine and I would hope so at triple the price. If I needed a generator for weekly camping use I'd no doubt own another Honda. But for occasional power outages the Predator will do just fine according to all the reviews. By the same token I'm sure some quality separates would beat my yard sale ht receiver for sound quality on my deck but that's a tough one to justify as well. :)