New! Atmospheric Tubes

LMBO!

y2rdm45ie1a6.jpg

Comments

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
    edited November 13
    LOL! Yes there is such a vacuum in our atmosphere (same as these glass-less tubes experience). I would buy 'em; after all he did say "they may still work". :#
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • MarflyMarfly Posts: 36
    headrott wrote: »
    LOL! Yes there is such a vacuum in our atmosphere (same as these glass-less tubes experience). I would buy 'em; after all he did say "they may still work". :#

And a steal @ 50 bucks!
  • headrottheadrott Posts: 5,026
    Marfly wrote: »
    headrott wrote: »

And a steal @ 50 bucks!
    Yeah, and you don;t have to worry about those pesky getters either. Those annoying getters just get in the way the electrons. (Oh, wait.)
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,459
    Oh my. They walk among us. :o
    Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
    In learning how to give love, how to receive it
    And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
    Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 7,806
    Wonder if they know anything about beryllium as i do believe that is what the silver stuff is.....
    Mildly toxic maybe :cold_sweat:

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 15,060
    edited November 13
    The getter is usually barium (edit: barium alloys, I guess).
    http://www.thevalvepage.com/valvetek/getter/getter.htm

Beryllium and beryllium compounds are quite toxic.
    LD50 is about 160 mg/kg.
    https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/idlh/7440417.html
    "Some amps run on self bias, some amps run on fixed bias. But his amps run on confirmation bias." -- seen on audioasylum

edited November 13
    Ok maybe it was barium I was thinking of that gets on the inside of the tube glass. Its early i haven't had my Cap n Crunch yet :p
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,018
    Maybe "vaccum tubes" should be "vacuous tubes"?
    "Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available", G. Benfield
  • westmassguywestmassguy Posts: 5,768
    Truly a once in a lifetime purchase, to be used once.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-350, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer
    Cables: Speaker: Furez 10/2 with GLS Locking Banana Plugs
    Interconnect: Furez 10/2 with SpeakONs
    ICs: Custom Furez by Douglas Connections
    Den:
    Bose 901 Series II Continentals Restored, Re-Built Equalizer with Elna Silmic IIs, Sonicaps, and Silver Mica Caps
    Carver CT-3 Pre, Carver PM-600

dhsspeakerservice.com/
    Now Carrying Gimpod's Custom SDA Circuit Boards

"And keep her under 70, would you, huh? Betty likes a slow ride"
  • Saw the thread title and thought, "Huh. 'Atmospheric' ? Must be a new tube company !".

But ... no. :o I'm kind of curious, how does one carefully remove the glass on each tube ?
    Maybe "vaccum tubes" should be "vacuous tubes"?

REPORTED !

{What ? Oh, I didn't notice that. Thanks}

NOT REPORTED !

MrBigBlueLight
    Here to pick your brain & steal your cookies
    Shifting to Plan B+

Saw the thread title and thought, "Huh. 'Atmospheric' ? Must be a new tube company !".

But ... no. :o I'm kind of curious, how does one carefully remove the glass on each tube ?

RONCO glass bottle cutter HELLO :D

• nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,866
    Some people...shouldn't be allowed to breed...just saying.
    Living room: Samsung UN55KU7000 4K UHD HDR 55 inch TV, Marantz CD6004, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon, Parasound zPhono, Mac Mini, Oppo BDP-93, XBox One S 2Tb, Kenwood DPX792BH car deck for radio purposes, Marantz SR5010 AVR, Parasound HCA-1200II, Front SDA 2 modded with Larrys Rings and RD0-194-1 tweeters, Rear Onkyo SKF-4800 Towers, Center CSiA6, BOOM Tannoy TS2.12 Sub, Audioquest Evergreen interconnects just about everywhere except from AVR to amp, MIT Terminator 4, MIT AVT3 speaker cables with extra terminals covered up Monitor 5 Jr+ in the wings for a center channel.
  • agfrostagfrost Posts: 1,978
    Gotta be a joke ad. amiright?
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Marantz DV-9500 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (Thanks Rich!) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 477
    1) Improved visibility of light in dark environments.

2) Easy access for cleaning and maintenance.

3) Better heat dissipation.

4) Unneeded glass can be recycled or used for unique Christmas ornaments.

5) Released vacuum can be collected and used for other science projects.
    Polk SDA SRS 2.3TL
    Silk Audio MS38SE Tube Amp
    Yamaha DSP A-1 AV Amp
    Panasonic TC-P65S2 Plasma TV
  • BlueMDPickerBlueMDPicker Old Polk Posts: 6,459
    I'm kind of curious, how does one carefully remove the glass on each tube ?

Personally, I'd ship the tubes off to Muppet Labs - where cutting edge technology is their daily fare.
    Here in this fragmented world, I still believe
    In learning how to give love, how to receive it
    And I would not be among those who abuse this privilege
    Sometimes you get the best light from a burning bridge

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 6,498
    I'm kind of curious, how does one carefully remove the glass on each tube ?

Personally, I'd ship the tubes off to PFB Labs - where cutting edge technology is their daily fare.

Fixed it for ya...
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t