For Sale: BAT VK-200 heavily modified by myself and checked by Victor Khomenko

I just purchased a BAT VK-255SE and will no longer need this amp, and the reason for selling this amp. This is my main amplifier and use it 2 to 3 times per week. It works absolutely perfectly and sounds absolutely phenomenal. The cosmetics are about 7/10 due to age, mostly. I have had this amp covered whenever it was not in use.

I purchased this amp in 2013 (if I remember correctly for the year) from @zingo, here on the forum. The first thing I did was replace the stock binding posts with some Cardas CCRR binding posts (purchased from Douglasconnection.com, Doug (@helipilotdoug), which can be found in this thread: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143057/so-i-couldnt-leave-well-enough-alone).

I used this amp for a little over a year at which point a bridge rectifier went out on the left channel (when I say went out, it actually fried the trace on the PCB). I then personally replaced all 4 of the bridge rectifiers on both channels, and ALL power and output capacitors with Nichicon/Panasonic/WIMA and Mundorf Silver/Gold/Oil caps (for output).

I also replaced the XLR jacks with Furutech FT-784F Rhodium purchased from VHAudio. I replaced the power inlet jack with the Oyiade Inlet R. Cardas Quadeutectic solder and the Weller WTCPT station was used for all solder joints. Finally, Dynamat Xtreme is place on the lid and interior of the amplifier for vibration abatement.

After turning on the amp, I found the left channel still did not work. I sent the amplifier to BAT and Victor checked it out finding that the bridge rectifier on the left PCB fried the trace leading up to the component when it went out. Victor personally did a jumper to complete the trace and get the left channel working again. Victor also did a test of the amplifier overall and found it to work perfectly.

I feel very confident in saying that this is one of the best, or possibly the best sounding VK-200's in existence. Plus, the buyer won't have to worry about replacing components (Bridge rectifiers, power caps and/or output caps) inside for many years as they were replaced 3 years ago (October 2014).

Sorry for the long-winded explanation, but I want the buyer to know what went into this amplifier and how nice it sounds. Arguably, only listening to it will give you the full idea.

(All) that said, I am asking $1,700.00 plus actual shipping charges and/or Paypal fees for this amplifier. I will accept a check or money order from people I know (i.e. have been here for years). I know that most VK-200's go for about $1,100 but that have not been heavily modified like this one is and do not sound as good as this one. I feel $1,700 plus shipping is a very good deal being as the Mundorf S/G/O caps along cost me about $450.00. Also, this amplifier will be much more reliable than other VK-200's since tha components have been replaced "recently", where most have not been.

Pictures will be posted when I replace this amplifier with the VK-255SE (probably this coming Wednesday) as I still use this amplifier and don't want to disconnect and reconnect it yet.
Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee

Comments

• headrottheadrott Posts: 5,023
    Just realized that I didn't say what this includes. This includes the amp (of course), the original power cord, manual, and original box. It will be well packed, certainly.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

"I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • One of my favorite amps. Good luck on the sale!
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
    Thanks Dennis.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

Well, if people are waiting for pictures, it looks like it'll be Thursday (Nov. 16th) that I will receive the VK-255SE and I can take pictures of the VK-200. Sorry for the delay.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 38,135
    I remember when RT1 needed to get his BAT repaired. Victor, with his Russian accent said to Ted, "Send BAT to me, I fix BAT." :D
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

• la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,015
    F1nut wrote: »
    I remember when RT1 needed to get his BAT repaired. Victor, with his Russian accent said to Ted, "Send BAT to me, I fix BAT." :D

Now if I could only get Anastasia to recite that in her Russian accent, that would be something. :D
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 2,015
    83wzxxfo6o0c.jpg
    2.3TL, 3.1TL, SDA II, 7B, 7C, 7 series 2, 10B, 5JR+, 5JR, 5A, 4.5, RTA 11T X2, RTA 8T, LSI9, LSI7, RTI A7, RTI A3, CSI A4, CSI A6, F/XI A4, RTI4. That's all for now.
    la2vegas wrote: »
    83wzxxfo6o0c.jpg

It's not a picture of the VK-200, but it a good one. :)
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,505
    headrott wrote: »
    83wzxxfo6o0c.jpg

I guess EVERYONE has a pic of my wife???
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

• zingozingo Audiophile Posts: 11,566
    I did sell this to you and it was a great amp stock; I can’t imagine modded!
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 16,475
    edited November 15
    headrott wrote: »
    83wzxxfo6o0c.jpg

It's not a picture of the VK-200, but it a good one. :)

It is the ViKie-2000. She is one of those new Korean sex-bots. :D :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono twin chassis phono preamplifier, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Stradivari v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X1 two channel preamplifier Signed by Poppa himself, Pioneer PDD 9MkII SACD Player, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-65, Oppo BDP-95 Bluray, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds