For Sale: BAT VK-200 heavily modified by myself and checked by Victor Khomenko

2»

Comments

• headrott
    headrott Posts: 5,484
    I live in Salem. When is soon? I have Wednesday and Thursday off, but work the rest of the week.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    Taken from a recent Audioholics reply regarding "Club Polk" and Polk speakers:
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru"- Jon Anderson

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • bikerboy
    bikerboy Posts: 1,205
    Sorry there was talk of visiting our friends this weekend but that's not happening.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • headrott
    No sweat. I can ship it if you are still interested (and I mean that with no pressure, truly).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg
    "I'm yet to hear a Polk speaker that merits more than a sentence and 60 seconds discussion." :\
    My response is: If you need 60 seconds to respond in one sentence, you probably should't be evaluating Polk speakers.....

"Have A Little Faith! And Everything You'll Face, Will Jump From Out Right On Into Place! Yeah! Take A Little Time! And Everything You'll Find, Will Move From Gloom Right On Into Shine!"- Arthur Lee
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    Salem?? That's only an hour South of me! Come on tax returns!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • bikerboy
    I need to sell 3 amps, a preamp, and sda2.3 speakers before I can get this amp so I have to get selling.
    Main system: Lyngdorf TDAI 2170 w/ Pioneer 42" plazma-> Polk LSiM 703 w/Tivo, Marantz tuner, BRPTT: Nothingham Spacedeck-> Pioneer PL L1000 linear arm-> Soundsmith DL 103R-> SUT->Bottlehead ErosDigital: I3 PC w/ Jriver playing flac -> Sonore Ultrarendu -> Twisted Pair Audio ESS 9028 w/ Mercury IVY Vinyl rips: ESI Juli@24/192-> i3 PC server
  • headrott
    No sweat @bikerboy.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• headrott
    The VK-200 is on hold to be sold to @bikerboy, pending payment. You will love this amp Jeff.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,708
    Yes he will.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• headrott
    I'm gonna call this one sold to @bikerboy (even though he hasn't paid for it yet) B)

Enjoy this amp Jeff. It will show up tomorrow (2/29).
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• bikerboy
    What? You didn't get any moneys! Wow, thanks Greg. After pp releases it, it's on it's way to you. Thanks again!!!!
  • headrott
    You bet Jeff. Whenever you get the money out (Paypal releases it) is fine.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• bikerboy
    Money finally cleared pp. Thanks Greg
  • headrott
    edited March 2018
    Money received Jeff. Thank you; Let us know what you think of the VK-200.

This amplifier is officially sold.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• bikerboy
    Been listening for a few hours and sounds great. Real comments in couple of days. Thanks
  • headrott
    Glad it arrived in good shape Jeff. Looking forward to your impressions.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg

• bikerboy
    I just finished a rough build of a TPA 9028 with the Mercury output stage. Sounds great with the BAT amp. With the Buffalo III the amp was a bit bright compared to the Parasound A-21 . The 9028 has only had about a hour to sort out the electrons. So it should sound better tomorrow. These 2.3s do sound incredible.
  • headrott
    edited March 2018
    I was just looking for a "review" of the BAT Jeff, and your post showed up. I never found the BAT bright (particularly with the Mundorf S/G/O caps in it). As stated, I have never heard the Parasound A-21, however.

I have a balanced tube output on my DAC (the TPA Buffalo II, I know it's old, but it still works great!), which may be why there is a difference in sound from the BAT. As you said, after burning in the TPA 9028 and Mercury output it will probably sound better.
    Relayer-Big-O-Poster.jpg