Avel Lindberg 800v/a Dreadnought

Options
Since upgrading to the 1000v/a transformer I find this one getting no use.I had Dave (westmassguy) build this for more some time back and it is time to let it go. The case is slightly smaller than Larry's cases but is well built.You will need the speakon connectors to use this one.I will include enough dynamat for the inside of the case if you want it.I was looking for $200 plus shipping or if your local to Dallas/Fort Worth we can meet for pickup or delivery.Paypal gift is preferred or pm me if you would like to pay in some other fashion.Thanks
lxqnb2nrrsp5.jpg
h1ek4q22q4iy.jpg
2 Channel
Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
Musical Fidelity M6Si
North Star Intenso Dac
Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
Oppo 103
Pangea PC
Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,554
    Options
    Did Dave ship to you like that? Is that an aluminum case. Could be interested
    Quote to 61705 heck i can't even use it on mine but geesh price could move me here.
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    Options
    15 minutes left for you to sell this in an hour. Great deal for anyone with AI-1 compatible SDA's. Even if you have a common ground amp, you need this to get the most out of them!
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Yes, he shipped it to me like this and the case is aluminum. I thought about keeping it for my other pairs but I don’t see myself having 2 Sda setups in my house at one time. Not sure about the shipping price but you can pay after I ship so there won’t be any guessing on the price.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Actually I'm worried that the case may crack in shipping with the weight of the torrid and well shippers.
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    The inside off the case had packing in it when he shipped it and I will pack it the same to ship.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• nspindel
    Options
    That's what I did when I shipped an assembled Dreadnaught cross-country. It went from CT to WA. I stuffed the chassis with styrofoam nice and tight before it shipped. No problems whatsoever.
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,678
    edited October 2017
    Options
    nspindel wrote: »
    15 minutes left for you to sell this in an hour. Great deal for anyone with AI-1 compatible SDA's. Even if you have a common ground amp, you need this to get the most out of them!
    What exactly does it do for SDA's with a common ground amp?

EDIT: I did some searching and found plenty of information. Nao me wantz won 2. :p
    Post edited by Viking64 on
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,322
    Options
    I will take it if the other buyers fall through. I have one of Larrys cases, I've just never gotten around to getting the transformer...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• dkfreebird
    Options
    DSkip wrote: »
    If Dennis can get this to me in the early AM I can drive it to erniejades place for you to pick up Ivan.

No problem getting it to Skips. :)
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• pitdogg2
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Skip that is a wonderful gesture and I am very appreciative. I however am going to pass. Too many lawyer bills atm.
    I guess i should of opened my mail before my mouth :(
    Thanks guys
  • nspindel
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    What exactly does it do for SDA's with a common ground amp?

EDIT: I did some searching and found plenty of information. Nao me wantz won 2. :p

All credit goes to @DarqueKnight on this. The discovery that using a high-end isolation transformer (not to be confused with the original AI-1 interconnect...) yields big improvements even with a common ground amp was a game changer for many of us. Even Matt Polk confirmed the benefits of this approach.

• Viking64
    Options

All credit goes to @DarqueKnight on this. The discovery that using a high-end isolation transformer (not to be confused with the original AI-1 interconnect...) yields big improvements even with a common ground amp was a game changer for many of us. Even Matt Polk confirmed the benefits of this approach.
    I saw his thread and several others. I'm right in the middle of upgrading my 2.3TL's, so this was timely. I knew it was the way to go when using non-common ground amps, but I hadn't seen anything about the sonic improvements until your comment prompted me to research further. Thank you. :)

• dkfreebird
    Options
    @Viking64 I think you're next in line.I have this boxed up ready to go.PM me your info and I can get it out today.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    All of you considering, won't be sorry! The difference isn't subtle in IMO - GLWTS!
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• dkfreebird
    Options
    This has been sold and is on its way to its new home. Thanks Jim @Viking64
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• Viking64
    Options
    dkfreebird wrote: »
    This has been sold and is on its way to its new home. Thanks Jim @Viking64

Thank You, Dennis! I am one happy dog! :p

39i5mrsancek.jpg
  • MrBuhl
    MrBuhl Posts: 2,419
    Options
    ^^ THAT is an outstanding pic!! ^^
    VA HT HK AVR20II, Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD, Polk Audio RC80i / Polk Audio CSi3, 60" Panasonic Plasma, Nordost / Signal Cable A2 / Wireworld / Pangea / Magic Power
    VA 2 Channel Focal Electra 926 speakers, Pass Labs X150.5 Amp, Eastern Electric MiniMax Preamp (Tutay mods), Eastern Electric Minimax CDP (Scott Nixon mods), Music Hall mmf 5.1 Turntable, Parks Audio Budgie Phono Pre , Audioengine B1 streamer, MIT S3 IC's / MIT Shotgun S3 Speaker Cables / PS Audio power cables
    Noggin Schiit Valhalla, Pangea, Phillips Fidelio X1, Polk UF8000

Polk SDA1c modded
    Polk CRS+ 4.1TL modded (need veneer)
    Polk SDA2BTL (fully modded)
    A/L 1000VA Dreadnought Canare 4s11 SDA cable
    SACD Marantz DV8300
    Sony S9000ES CD/DVD/SACD
    Yamaha YP-D6
    Soundcraftsmen PCR800
    Audible Illusions L1 Preamp
    Vincent MFA based Cocci Tube Preamp
    Pho-700 Phono Pre
    Signal Cable Silver Resolution IC's

• Viking64
    Options
    MrBuhl wrote: »
    ^^ THAT is an outstanding pic!! ^^

Look what a little practice can do. :p

gx1tcnn4lpoi.jpg
  • nspindel
    Options
    Congrats on the sale!
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    Thanks,It is time to let some stuff go since I'm in need of a new tube preamp at the moment.This gets me one step closer,plus it helped @Viking64 be set when he gets his 2.3's put back together.I remember when I first got my dreadnought and what a difference it made.
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    I have the same Dreadnought as Dennis, as I got mine from Dave also and love it.
    Congrats to both of you!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD