Woordbourne stuck in standby mode (orange light)

Options
tg810
tg810 Posts: 1
edited September 2017 in Troubleshooting
Hi,

I acquired the Woodbourne from a 3rd party through ebay, and since this is a discontinued model I'm pretty certain it's no longer covered by warranty or service anymore.

However, I'm wondering if anyone has issues like this and what has Polk Audio done to resolve it? The manual does not mention anything about the standby mode, nor how it works. There are no reboot instructions and I've tried to hold the power button down. The iphone app has an update firmware feature but it seems to pulling in zero data when trying to connect to Polk Audio's server. I've tried various connections: optical, aux, usb, bluetooth, airplay. In all cases the Woodbourne goes into this standby mode after a period of time, and it won't wake up no matter what audio input. I have to manually turn it off and on if I want to use it.

The whole idea of using Woodbourne was because it can sit on a high wall shelf with a thin profile. It goes without saying that using a ladder every time I want to listen to music defeats the whole point.

I've searched this forum on similar problems on other devices, and all them have pointed to call Polk Audio directly. So, for those have done so, what did they say, what are the causes, and what was the solution?

Thanks