Just gotta say.....

Options
There are some pretty good people on this forum. First I have to give a shout out to Dkfreebird. He hooked a brother up with better than described SDA 1C studios for about 1/2 market value. Maybe next time I can talk him out of his 3.1TL closet speakers. Getting to listen to his modded monster SDA's brought back some good memories sitting with Amy in Sound Idea before road construction killed them. Really liked her but I'm married and she was living with a good friend of mine so.......she knew her $hit about everything in the store too which I thought was kinda sexy. Anyway......Dennis even rolled the 1C's out to my truck, spread out the moving blankets for me, and lifted the speakers into the bed and sinched them down for me. Awfully nice old ****.

The other standout member I have to give a huge shout out about is Dskip. He offered to take a day off and come to my house to help my broken down old butt unbox and rebuild a system in our new house for me. The timing isn't ready to do that yet but it sure hit me as one hell of a nice offer. I still need to call my buddy at Pioneer Machine to make me some spike saucers too before I can do anything on the stupid hard wood flooring. At least my bedroom has nice thick carpet for my B&W towers and sub to spike into. Just have to find all of the electronics that go in that rig. Noticed today that my son decided to lean all of our albums down one wall in no particular order. They used to be in alphabetical order and all of the audiophile or special albums separated into their own special racks. He means well so I can't say anything about it. He also found both of my turn tables and set them out for me too.

Lotsa respect thrown to wmg as well. Everyone knows why he deserves his love so don't need to elaborate.

Comments

• westmassguy
    Options
    The best dysfunctional family on the net.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    I travel the country to personally tell y'all "I don't like you" to your face.
  • mrbiron
    mrbiron Posts: 5,711
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

sallyfield-meme.jpg?w=840
    Where’s the KABOOM?!?! There’s supposed to be an Earth shattering KABOOM!!!
  • lightman1
    Options
    Watch it, Fredrique.....I'm within striking distance to your house.....
  • mrbiron
    Options
    You're still 7-8 hours from my house.
    I understand that only puts me on the outer cusp of your zone of influence....gradient field....pee stream...
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Don't tempt/challenge him -- if he gets to your neck of the woods, I am, metaphorically speaking, Seoul :/
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    Options
    Come to think of it, maybe he'd toss you in da bucket before he headed Northwest...
  • lightman1
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »
    I understand that only puts me on the outer cusp of your zone of influence....gradient field....pee stream...

Short trip for me.
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    mrbiron wrote: »

Short trip for me.

Shup Russ o:)
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • mrbiron
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Come to think of it, maybe he'd toss you in da bucket before he headed Northwest...

Still siding the house... I'm only on side 3 :(
    Picture window shows up tomorrow. Only 8.5' long. Gonna weight a sheet ton.

If he brings the bucket, he could help me side around my weather head and service drop. Tha tricity scurs me...
    Short trip for me.
    SCAT!...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Don't let the Trinity scare you. 220 VAC only hurts for a couple seconds.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Slapaho wrote: »
    Don't let the Trinity scare you. 220 VAC only hurts for a couple seconds.

Rainy days and 12,470V proximity work keeps things lively.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,273
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I refuse to deal with anything over 4160 and even then .....
    One of my written reprimands was for using "abusive and foul language" towards a "supervisor" who had ordered us to stand over an open manhole and, per his instructions to "listen for a sizzle or a pop" while he energized the feeder at the substation 50 yards away.
    4160v cables. Running through the flooded manhole. With one of the cables having been tested and found megging out at 3K. That's "K" not "M".
    I figured that his repeated orders to stand over the manhole meant that I wasn't enunciating clearly enough or loudly enough for him to understand my refusal.
    So I added a number of F-based intensifiers. That seemed to work.
    Hence the written reprimand.
    He and I never really got along very well. I figured he was jealous of my being so good looking, that's all I could figure.
    Sal Palooza
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,583
    Options

That you do you clown....
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    Options
    Dennis is a great guy and has a nice collection of SDA's too B)

I had a good time hanging out with him at LSAF, and I like hearing how he helped you load the SDA's up as Dennis's Back had been a wreck for a long time.

The last operation he had before LSAF has really seem to be a major Success for him :)
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited September 2017
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

We dont call him Bozo for nothing. We just do it behind his back so he don't pee on our bushes.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

We dont call him Bozo for nothing. We just do it behind his back so he don't pee on our bushes.

I beat him to the punch and had them REMOVED... BEFORE he visited lol...
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    voltz wrote: »
    Dennis is a great guy and has a nice collection of SDA's too B)

I had a good time hanging out with him at LSAF, and I like hearing how he helped you load the SDA's up as Dennis's Back had been a wreck for a long time.

The last operation he had before LSAF has really seem to be a major Success for him :)

I asked a few times if he was sure he'd be okay. It's way cool his back is doing better. I've had back problems since 7th grade football and can only dream about one day not being in pain but don't see it happening.
  • dkfreebird
    dkfreebird Posts: 1,182
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words Ron and Daryl. LSAF was kinda rough last time but the back is a lot better now and I should be good for the whole weekend next time. :D
    2 Channel
    Polk 1.2tl's Modded with dreadnought
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Auralic Aries Mini Streamer
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC
    Wireworld Equinox 7 interconnects
    Wireworld Equinox 7 Speaker Cables and Jumpers

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words Ron and Daryl.It is always good to meet new people that have the same interests.It is good to have the back normal again.Lsaf was kinda rough but I will be ready for the full weekend next year. :D
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

Backups 2.3tl, Crs+ pin/blade with stands.Monitor 5 peerless,Monitor 4 peerless,Polk R200,McCormack Dna 0.5 Deluxe McCormack Dna 1,Dared Sl 2000A,Dayens Ampino Rogue Magnum 66 pre
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words Ron and Daryl.It is always good to meet new people that have the same interests.It is good to have the back normal again.Lsaf was kinda rough but I will be ready for the full weekend next year. :D
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• lightman1
    Options
    ...aaaaand it seems Dennis is still taking the painkillers.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Just look at the trees, man!! They're huge!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    There are three of them!
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • dkfreebird
    edited September 2017
    Options
    It's Vanillas fault! And as some (MOST) say..... SHUT UP RUSS! >:)
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,101
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • lightman1
    Options

Say what you mean, John!
  • dkfreebird
    Options
    osamvoogb8dy.png
    Not afraid. Seen him in action!
    2 Channel
    Musical Fidelity M6Si
    North Star Intenso Dac
    Oppo 103
    Pangea PC

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Options
    I was there last year. That chair in front of Russ is blocking the mids and hi's, which leads to a feeling of tranquillity. With the obvious results.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • lightman1
    Options
    Nope. I passed out. Done for.