Loft setup, new and improved.

Options
EndersShadow
EndersShadow Posts: 17,534
edited August 2017 in The Clubhouse
So I eluded to this in another post, so figured, why not.... You guyz likes da pitures, so here are some of the new setup.

I found some Salamander stuff in Michigan and made the 10 hour roundtrip drive to get em home (I need to stop and say thanks to member @morjet for picking them up and holding them for me for a week).... They were a price I couldn't refuse. Left Indy at 2:30 PM, arrived back home at 12:30 am this morning, reconfigured and played with things till about 3:30 - 4:00 (didnt look at the time when I went to bed).

I swapped the door on their unit with the media drawer on mine, as well as a shelf. I stole the back from my unit and put it on one of the units.

So I've got all my gear shut behind doors (soon to have LOCKS... LOCKS I TELL YOU!!!). The drawer is for remotes and misc stuff.

I love that the couch is now the main LP, its centered with the speakers, and the speakers and sub are all on the same wall. I "may" play with moving the sub between the entertainment center and the speaker as its not there to BE SUPER LOUD AND BOOMY, but just fill out the low end that the Ushers cant get to as it was a design compromise. So the cornering of the sub is not for the purpose of extra reinforcement, its just where I think it looks best for right now.

The top of the new units are in "decent" condition but I'm ok with putting drinks/plates, etc on them.

Additionally as its a SALAMANDER rack, if I break those two units down I can make a single triple section unit. A top is 250, a bottom is 250, and I either go without doors, or sacrifice my doors upstairs......

I'm not sure if I want to go that a route as I'm thinking downstairs I want a Synergy 337 in DARK WALNUT NOT cherry, which makes the ONLY good thing from these the rails.... 1450 gets me the entire thing....

For now it stays how it is and I'm happy with it.

Now the gear list, and DEN DA PITURES!!!!!!

As you will see, my loft setup is pretty much 75% Club Polk purchased, or Karma'd and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Left side from top to bottom:
HTPC running Plex for media | Anthem MRX-500 (Thanks @scubalab | APC H15 (purhased from AVS)

Right side from top to bottom:
Pioneer LD-S1 laserdisc player* (thanks @DaddyJT) | Carver C-1 Pre-amp (Karma from another forum) | Nintendo Wii, Roku 3, Cisco Switch | LP's, Laserdics (thanks @DaddyJT and @nooshinjohn) and Netgear ReadyNAS Plus backup/music server (thanks @John Megadeth )

The Speakers are Usher V-601's (Thanks @erniejade) on Sanus Ultimate 22" stands filled with sand and spiked. In the corner there is a Outlaw LFM-1 sub (purchased from AVS) on a Auralex Gramma subriser.

Speaker Cables are Furez 10/2 with basic terminations (thanks @helipilotdoug). I'm looking to upgrade the binding posts to some Furutech ones in the next bit, as well as getting some black techflex, shrink wrap and some other stuff. All of course from Doug of DouglasConnections.

The sub cable is a Belden LC-1. All powercables are currently stock, but I'm looking to upgrade to Cullen Cable Red Copper ones in the near future potentially. I plan to hook the Karma powercable from @kharp1 to the APC H15, just have been lazy :smile:

* @nooshinjohn - I still have your Pioneer CDL-99 and its taking a break right now, but its earned a final resting place my HT rack

PS iPhone 6 pics, because no point in taking NICE ones since.... Photobucket lol....... That and I'm lazy too....

rkkaz79cp3k4.jpg
0o0u37gaokxc.jpg
9d90cg3d2tky.jpg
8dso1nzk7yak.jpg
1whwqwhd2skn.jpg
be0emjdn7y9q.jpg
v5tkhcmvv69m.jpg
2vkyei55yhk6.jpg
"....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
Post edited by EndersShadow on

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    I see someone who doesn't know how good she has it! ;)
  • EndersShadow
    edited August 2017
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »

She actualy knows it well lol....

And her and Scarlett enjoy listening to songs w Daddy. I've made it a point to make it a special thing we do often. We listened to about 2+ hours of diff stuff tonight as a family, Skye in that chair rocking, Scarlett cuddling with my wife and I on and off (she's not feeling the best) and my wife and I on the couch.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options

You should see her cut a rug when Dan cranks up the music......awesome!

Looking stellar, Dan. Keep on rockin'!
  • kharp1
    kharp1 Posts: 3,453
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »

You should see her cut a rug when Dan cranks up the music......awesome!

Looking stellar, Dan. Keep on rockin'!

Beats cuttin' the cheese like you do...
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    It's very cool that the family enjoys your hobby too.

Why does that amp have a lock on the front?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    Options

She actually knows it well lol....

And her and Scarlett enjoy listening to songs w Daddy. I've made it a point to make it a special thing we do often. We listened to about 2+ hours of diff stuff tonight as a family, Skye in that chair rocking, Scarlett cuddling with my wife and I on and off (she's not feeling the best) and my wife and I on the couch.

That's an awesome way to spend special time with her! There's huge opportunity for teaching history through music... 2 for 1!! B)
  • EndersShadow
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Thats not a amp. Its my HTPC case, so it hides the blu-ray drive and USB ports from the kido's

gd07-open.jpg
  • EndersShadow
    Options

That's an awesome way to spend special time with her! There's huge opportunity for teaching history through music... 2 for 1!! B)

I've actually got a 6 hour youtube playlist of "approved" songs for her to listen to. She falls asleep to that often. @lightman1 has seen AND heard some stuff off it.

She's a big fan of Penatonix, Lindsey Stirling, The Piano Guys, Celtic Woman and some others.

Tonight we were listing to Kansas, Kenny Chesney (didnt see THAT coming did ya), Garth Brooks, The Beatles, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Journey, Billy Joel, Billy Idol, and some other misc stuff :grin:
  • FestYboy
    Options

I've actually got a 6 hour youtube playlist of "approved" songs for her to listen to. She falls asleep to that often. @lightman1 has seen AND heard some stuff off it.

She's a big fan of Penatonix, Lindsey Stirling, The Piano Guys, Celtic Woman and some others.

Tonight we were listing to Kansas, Kenny Chesney (didnt see THAT coming did ya), Garth Brooks, The Beatles, AC/DC, Fleetwood Mac, Bon Jovi, Journey, Billy Joel, Billy Idol, and some other misc stuff :grin:

Very cool! And as she gets older, so can the music!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »

Thats not a amp. Its my HTPC case, so it hides the blu-ray drive and USB ports from the kido's

gd07-open.jpg

Ha!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Remember Jesse Dan's a nerd :p He impressed the heck out of me with all the stuff he could pull up on his little gizmo.
    Oh yea Russ was there as well. He's pretty antinerd if you catch my drift :#
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ^^^^ I graciously take that as a compliment, Ivan. Thank you.
    Nerds are fun to hang out with though.
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    Great setup. My Ex and I did the same with my Son when he was young.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • Joey_V
    Joey_V Posts: 8,520
    Options
    Mirrors my gameroom set up very closely, including the kid!

Everytime I work in the morning (which means I stay up with the kids until bedtime), we make it a point to listen to music in the gameroom for about 30 minutes each night, usually kids songs and youtube videos that Emma chooses.

It's quickly becoming my favorite set up in the house.
    Magico, JL, Emm, ARC Ref 10 line, ARC Ref 10 phono, VPI, Lyra, Boulder, AQ Wel, SRA Scuttle Rack, Bluesound
  • Moose68Bash
    Moose68Bash Posts: 3,842
    Options
    Well done, @EndersShadow!

I mean, especially, the being a great father part of the picture.

Precious minutes and hours that you will remember fondly when you daughter has moved on with her life.

Pentatonix, The Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling -- amazing taste.

Do you ever listen to 2Cellos?
    Family Room, Innuos Statement streamer (Roon Core) with Morrow Audio USB cable to McIntosh MC 2700 pre with DC2 Digital Audio Module; AQ Sky XLRs to CAT 600.2 dualmono amp, Morrow Elite Speaker Cables to NOLA Baby Grand Reference Gold 3 speakers. Power source for all components: Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One with dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel.

Exercise Room, Innuos Streamer via Cat 6 cable connection to PS Audio PerfectWave MkII DAC w/Bridge II, AQ King Cobra RCAs to Perreaux PMF3150 amp (fully restored and upgraded by Jeffrey Jackson, Precision Audio Labs), Supra Rondo 4x2.5 Speaker Cables to SDA 1Cs (Vr3 Mods Xovers and other mods.), Dreadnaught with Supra Rondo 4x2.5 interconnect cables by Vr3 Mods. Power for each component from dedicated 20 amp circuit to main panel, except Innuos Statement powered from Silver Circle Audio Pure Power One.

• EndersShadow
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Precious minutes and hours that you will remember fondly when you daughter has moved on with her life.

Yes, I already look fondly at them and we have a long time to go. Doing the waltz (or my horrible imitation of it) with both girls is some of my favorite time. I need it more than they do most nights as it helps me realize that work is just that, work, and to leave it there and enjoy the NOT work stuff MORE.
    Pentatonix, The Piano Guys, Lindsey Stirling -- amazing taste.

Yeah, I find myself enjoying the REMIXES by smaller artists more than the ORIGINALS by the MAJOR artists :smile:

I attribute it to feeling more soul in their recordings, likely due to not being overly processed.....

Like this jem I found recently

https://youtu.be/62Y7BXIuX6Y
    Do you ever listen to 2Cellos?

But of Course! Smooth Criminal is one of my favorites :smile: I also listen to Alex G, Celtic Woman, Nikki and the Dove, Imogen Heap, Peter Hollens, Alyson Stoner, Against the Current NY and a few others :smile:.

I will say though, the nostalgia of Laserdiscs has taken over.

I'm currently 1/2 way through Days of Thunder and will likely go through another one or two movies tonight :smile:.

Maybe go really bad sci-fi with "The Relic" :grin: