RTA 11t.... I think..

Options
13»

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,582
    Options
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    For $40 the drivers would be in labeled boxes, and the cabinets would already be sitting on the curb!! LOL!!!

Just cruel Larry
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Options
    pkquat wrote: »
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Not really my cup of tea, but they were better than the one's I auditioned last Sunday. Plus these were a bit less expensive at 40 bucks. Yeah I know that these aren't tl's but they're in better overall condition.

You can't go wrong for that price. I never even see deals like that. I have found mine impressive and underwhelming at the same time, although I have not done the crossovers yet which is likely part of the issue. They seam to be fine up to a medium volume, but not much above that in a living room. I moved them to the bedroom and like them more in a smaller room. Everything sounds better about them there. They are like bookshelf speakers with a sub attached.

Haven't listened to our's in a while, but remember changing the caps on the tweeter section made them far clearer and open sounding.
    They seem to have an odd bass characteristic, fairly good deep bass, but boomy if too close to a wall. When moved out in the open quite decent sounding overall, but not fantastic really.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 744
    Options
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Have you tried putting a big amp on them? If you are expecting a receiver to get the best out of those speakers, you will be left wanting.

I didn't know what my RTA-8Ts truly sounded like until I put a Parasound 1500A on them.

Also, if you are expecting tons of low bass that is meant for a subwoofer to handle, you will be left wanting.

If you give them all the power they can handle and have reasonable expectations, you will probably be happy with the purchase.
    Toolfan66 wrote: »
    I didn't care for the 11's or the 15's, the bass was too boomy, great speakers if you need replacement drivers IMO!!

I drove them with a Parasound P5 and Model 2250, so more than enough clean power. I never found them bass shy, but true they are not at a sub level. The sound issues were more in the midrange and up at higher volumes. Although nothing bottoms out, nor is there a distorted signal, there is a loss of detail and clarity. I'm not sure if its the cabinet, drivers, PR's or combo of them all. My old peerless monitor 5's sound much clearer, but with a significant lack of bass. I should dig out the new 5's and see.

I never found the bass boomy in the 11's. I could seem them being boomy if they were in a corner, and I think the lower PR will resonate in the 50/60 Hz range. I think it was tuned in the 25-30Hz range. I've heard the 15's can be boomy, but there are fixes.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Offering 50% less than the asking price is not a negotiation, it's an insult. Besides that, $200.00 is a fair price, maybe even low given their appearance.

EXACTLY!!! I have a long history selling on eBay. Usually Buy it Now listings with Best Offer option. In the item description I tell people not to send offers that are 1/4 or 1/2 of my selling price because it's an insult and disrespectful and will just get them added to my blocked bidder/buyer list.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,481
    Options
    I probably wouldn't bother. I figure they are fishing for a sucker or are clueless. In either case it's probably a waste of time.
  • pkquat
    pkquat Posts: 744
    edited August 2017
    Options
    mhm People can ask what they want. Sometimes reality sets in. I have seen a number of things on craigslist for a year or more, with some only priced 10-15% over audiogon prices. I laugh when people try and sell "new" or 1 year old equipment for prices well above a4less or current clearance pricing. Although some of them do sell.
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,553
    edited September 2017
    Options
    $20.00 thats awesome. Nice score!
  • westmassguy
    Options
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Ok so I bought some 11t's a week and a half ago and God knows that I don't need any more speakers. Yet I did it again. I saw these today and bought them right now for 20 bucks. 39zku6rbqwr9.jpg

Sweet. Congrats
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    How in the hell!?!? No fair!!!! Who'd you suck to get that deal?
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    And you live out west... Where anything that isn't new is worthless (in most people's eyes).
    Where I'm at, they'd have tossed another 0 on the end just because they COULD be considered vintage.