OPPO PM-1???

Toolfan66Toolfan66 Posts: 13,308
Anyone ever had a set on their head? are they worth the money?? They look very nice, I have been wanting a set of good Headphones for quite some time now..

Should I just save the coin and get the PM-3??

I will just be using them at home when I can't have the stereo going full force..
Death Grip...

Comments

• codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 1,194
    Those some 'spensive cans there Larry. Wish I could give some advice but I relegated to my $80 pair of Grados and $50 tube amp ha!
    Living room

Mains: SDA 2B Studio
    Lows: Velodyne CHT12
    Power: Marantz SR7000 Preouts to Yamaha AV34
    Tv: Samsung UHD 55' Curved

2 Channel/Bedroom

*under construction*
    Polk TSI 200
    Power: Marantz PM235
    CDP: Technics SL-PD688
    TT: Pioneer PL510

Noggin Rockin'

Grado SR80e
    Harman Kardon CL
    Little dot 1+/GE JAN 5654w

Closet of Dreams:

Harman Kardon AVR130
    Yamaha HTR5590
    Paradigm Monitor 90
    Polk RTA11TL
    New Large Advents 25th Anniversary Edition
    Bravo V2/RCA Clear top Conn branded 12AU7

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
  • DaveHoDaveHo Posts: 1,531
    I have the PM-3s. They are nice, but if you don't need a closed back set of cans, I think there are others in that price range to consider. I only ever use headphones at work, so closed back it is for me. FWIW, I haven't felt the need to upgrade since I got them six months back or so.
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 3,664
    I have never heard them, so I'm not very helpful. But I do agree with @DaveHo on this, if you're at home why not open back? They'll leak a little sound but they're not keeping anyone awake unless you're laying in bed next to the wife.

Personally I would think about trying those massdrop sennheiser hd6xx first. I'm sure you can sell them if you don't like them...
    HT Rig:
    Yamaha RX-A1010; Parasound HCA-1000a; Arcam rDac; Mains: PSB Imagine Mini + MartinLogan Dynamo (original) sub; Center - Def Tech Procenter 1000; Heights, Center Surround - Klipsch KHC - 6 In-Ceiling; Surrounds - Monoprice in-ceiling; Sub - SVS PB10-ISD; Sony BDP-S390, FireTV gen 2

Master Bedroom
    Marantz SR-5007; Audiosource Amp Two, Dynaudio Emit 10, NHT Super One CI, ACI Titan subwoofer, FireTV, Arcam rDac; Bryson BPD-1
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,460
    All the Oppo cans share the same basic sound signature with further refinement as you move up. They are a fairly laid back listen, they don't really screw anything up badly but don't necessarily jump out at you either. They're a very well composed sound but lack the excitement and fun sound some cans off so just depends on what you're looking for.

If you want closed back check out the Mr Speakers AEON model that just came out, these may just be the best set of closed headphones I've ever heard and split the price between the PM3 and PM1.
  • AsSiMiLaTeDAsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,460
    Those Senns are nice, but will be much more difficult than most other cans to get the best sound out of as they really need a good OTL to reach their potential.