OPPO PM-1???

Options
Toolfan66
Toolfan66 Posts: 16,894
Anyone ever had a set on their head? are they worth the money?? They look very nice, I have been wanting a set of good Headphones for quite some time now..

Should I just save the coin and get the PM-3??

I will just be using them at home when I can't have the stereo going full force..

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    Those some 'spensive cans there Larry. Wish I could give some advice but I relegated to my $80 pair of Grados and $50 tube amp ha!
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,480
    Options
    I have the PM-3s. They are nice, but if you don't need a closed back set of cans, I think there are others in that price range to consider. I only ever use headphones at work, so closed back it is for me. FWIW, I haven't felt the need to upgrade since I got them six months back or so.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,971
    Options
    I have never heard them, so I'm not very helpful. But I do agree with @DaveHo on this, if you're at home why not open back? They'll leak a little sound but they're not keeping anyone awake unless you're laying in bed next to the wife.

Personally I would think about trying those massdrop sennheiser hd6xx first. I'm sure you can sell them if you don't like them...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    All the Oppo cans share the same basic sound signature with further refinement as you move up. They are a fairly laid back listen, they don't really screw anything up badly but don't necessarily jump out at you either. They're a very well composed sound but lack the excitement and fun sound some cans off so just depends on what you're looking for.

If you want closed back check out the Mr Speakers AEON model that just came out, these may just be the best set of closed headphones I've ever heard and split the price between the PM3 and PM1.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,722
    Options
    Those Senns are nice, but will be much more difficult than most other cans to get the best sound out of as they really need a good OTL to reach their potential.