Dayens Menuetto

If you've been on the forum very long, you've heard those of us who've heard them rave about the bang-for-buck performance of the Dayens products. While I would have and should have been perfectly happy and content to keep the Menuetto, I upgraded to the Ecstasy III. I switched the Menuetto and Ecstasy in and out of my system several times before finally deciding to bite the bullet and move up to the Ecstasy.

I've heard this unit on Usher 6311, Usher Mini X, Usher MD2, Polk 703, and Rosso Elba and it sounds great on all of them. It's a particular good match with the 703 and I'd have to imagine the entire LSiM line.

I'm looking for $725 to your door CONUS. It will be packaged in it's original box and then double boxed. No remote, but a universal should work (though I never used one).
Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    Excellent amp at a great price.
  • halenhalen Posts: 194
    +1 on the LSIM 703. I remember sitting in Skips kitchen, chatting with Assimilated when music flowed out of the 703s, hooked up to the Dayens. We all went silent and said, wow!

I also enjoyed it on the Elac bookies I had. Great amp from an awesome guy.

halen
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 365
    PSOVLSK wrote: »
    If you've been on the forum very long, you've heard those of us who've heard them rave about the bang-for-buck performance of the Dayens products. While I would have and should have been perfectly happy and content to keep the Menuetto, I upgraded to the Ecstasy III. I switched the Menuetto and Ecstasy in and out of my system several times before finally deciding to bite the bullet and move up to the Ecstasy.

I've heard this unit on Usher 6311, Usher Mini X, Usher MD2, Polk 703, and Rosso Elba and it sounds great on all of them. It's a particular good match with the 703 and I'd have to imagine the entire LSiM line.

I'm looking for $725 to your door CONUS. It will be packaged in it's original box and then double boxed. No remote, but a universal should work (though I never used one).

Universal remote does work with the Menuetto.
  • PSOVLSKPSOVLSK Posts: 3,543
    You guys with 703's will be hard pressed to find better sound than this will give you.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • vcwatkinsvcwatkins Posts: 1,606
    @DSkip , how much would a replacement matching remote cost?
    Den: Rega RP6 (mods) * AT33PTGII * Jolida jd9 (mods) * Roon * Sonore Ultra Rendu (LPS-1) * Lush USB * Chord QuteEX (Pardo) * Joule-Electra LA-100 iii * Sunfire Sig II * PSAudio p3 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2 (mods)
    Office Rip: Music Hall MMF-5.1se * Speed Box II * DL103r * Parks Budgie SUT * PS Audio NPC * Roon * Sonore microRendu * Meridian Explorer ii * Dayens Ampino * PSA Dectet * MIT s3 * Hartley Reference Mini-Tower
    Beach Gameroom: MH mmf2.1 * Denon dl-110 * Belles Phono 20a * Sonos * Arcam rDac * Belles 20a * Pass Aleph 30 * PSAudio Dectet * MIT s3 * Revel m22
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 13,519
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    @DSkip , how much would a replacement matching remote cost?

They ship with universal remotes from URC. Pick your flavor and the codes are in the PDF below:

http://vertyaudio.com/Dayens/URC1 code setting for Dayens Menuetto & Ecstasy III.pdf
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Preamps: Shuguang S200MK, Dayens Ampino, Parasound P5
    Amps: Shuguang S845MK, Dayens Ampino Monoblocks, Parasound A23
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
    Cabling: Wireworld
    TV: Sony XBR-75X940C
  • motorhead43026motorhead43026 Posts: 2,178
    edited June 11
    Hey Skip, I assume this would be a good match to the S60's? Also from what I read in the past this is more toward the warm side? My old ears cannot handle even the slightest hint of brightness anymore.

2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk Signature S60's
    Cables: Wireworld Eclipse IC, Audio Art IC3; Speaker cable LA International SS-800; PS Audio AC-3 power cords; All into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

All TV's sound enhanced by Polk Magnfi Mini's.

Other; SDA2BTL's, M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage.
    This should be a good match for the Signature line as they have complementing sounds. The Ampino is heavy on the warm side without being syrupy. This is neutral with a little warmth, hence why it works so well with the 703.
    audiothesis.com/

Speakers: Usher: CP-6311, Be-10, T-515; Rosso Fiorentino: Elba, Fiesole, Volterra; Polk: T50, Signature S60, S55, S35, S30, S20, S15, RTA 15tl, Sonner Audio Allegro Unum, iFi LS3.5
    Integrateds: Dayens Ampino, Triode Corporation TRV-88SER, MastersounD: Dueventi, Compact 845, Evolution 845; North Star Design Blue Diamond
    Sources: AURALiC Aries, AURALiC Altair, Denon HEOS Link, North Star Design: Magnifico, Supremo, Incanto, Intenso, Venti
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 3,361
    I am really happy with my Dayens gear. I am just breaking mine in and I really love it. it certainly made my main system into a HT/Background music system only. Dayens and Usher have really spoiled my ears. If I did not have so many irons in the fire, I would definitely buy this for later use.
    Parlor: Yamaha RX-A2030*Parasound Halo P5*Parasound Halo A-31*Parasound 2250v2*Emotiva XPA-200 Gen1*LSiM707 Fronts*LSiM706c Center*LSiM702f/x Surrounds*Monitor70 Series II Rears*Monitor40 Series II Presence*SVS PB2000 Sub X2*OPPO BDP-103D*Sony PS3*Samsung BD-H5900 3D Blu-Ray*Samsung-55" LED 1080p Smart 3D HDTV UN55H7150AFXZA*TEAC TN-300*Wireworld Solstice cables*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Dungeon: Auralic Aries Mini*Dayens Ampino Preamp*Dayens Ampino Monoblocks*Usher N-6361*Wireworld Oasis cables*Wireworld Oasis IC's*IFI nano IDSD* Cambridge CXU*

Panamax MR5100*Panamax M8-AV-PRO*Furman PST-2+6

Head gear: Sennheiser HD 558*Audio-Technica ATH-M40x*Sennheiser HD 598 Cs*Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7*Philips SHP9500S*

Hello Kitty boombox

Spares: Yamaha RX-A1040*Emotiva XPA-1L Gen2 X2*Emotiva XPA-3 Gen2*CSiA6 Center*Monitor40 Series II*SVS PB1000 Sub*Sony BDPS6500 Blu-ray player*POS 37" LCD*Douglas Connection Furez 12 AWG 2 Conductor*Blue Jeans Cable LC-1's IC's*

Self Control is over rated.
    Bump
    Really surprised this is still here. Not listed anywhere else and frankly, it probably won't be any time soon.
    $700 to your door.

I'll never say never, but it's very unlikely I'll go lower than this.
  • kharp1kharp1 Posts: 1,505
    Hey Paul, is this the integrated?
    Main System:
    Joule-Electra LA 100 MKIII
    Pass Labs Aleph 30, McCormack DNA-125, Parasound A21
    Marantz SA-14S1
    Usher CP-6311/Tyler Acoustics Taylo Reference Monitor, LSA-1
    Dual SVS SB2000
    Wireworld Equinox 7 bi-wire, Wireworld Silver Eclipse 7 IC

Secondary Rig:
    Parasound P5, Audio Electronics by Cary Constellation
    Marsh a200s, Audio Elecrtonics by Cary Hercules
    Pioneer Elite DV-45a, Denon DVD-2910
    Klipsch Epic CF-1, Vandersteen 3CE sig
    Analysus Plus Oval

Yes.

For those unfamiliar with it, here you go:

http://www.dayens.rs/eng_menuetto.html

It's been a month, I guess a good ol' bump is in order.
    I know I haven't been pushing this hard, but I'm still a little surprised it's still here. This is a super little unit at a really good price.
    Again, perfect match for the 703 in a reasonably priced unit. We are getting into the buying season so someone needs to jump before the opportunity is gone.
    audiothesis.com/

Bump
    I've upgraded my speaker cable, so I'll be listing a fantastic pair of Doug's cables as soon as I take the time to figure out exactly which cables they are. That being said, I'll throw them in free to whoever buys this awesome little integrated.
    Doug's cables are sold without ever being listed.

Eventually someone is going to buy this and realize what a great deal they got. If this wasn't such a great piece the price would have already dropped. Anyone who's looking to upgrade your two-channel scene don't know what you're missing. I "upgraded" to the Ecstacy and the improvement is negligible.

I feel confident in saying that you will not find a better integrated for $700.