Bi-amping

Options
shaker67
shaker67 Posts: 3
Hello all, i've been an audiophile for a couple of decades. Recently my Onkyo receiver konked out on me. I just got a Denon AVRS720 7.2 receiver. And today.... my Polk Monitor 70 II's & PSW505 came in. I already have a Polk CSi3 center channel & JBL surrounds. My question is do I connect the front speaker outs to the upper or lower binding posts on the 70's for the best output, and the center channel outs to the other binding posts?? Thx in advance..

Comments

• shaker67
    Options
    Oh, forgot to say i'm wanting to bi-amp the 70's, and i'm new to bi-amping..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    Forget you ever thought about bi-amping because you cannot do so with an AVR.

What you can do to improve the sound is replace the binding post plates with high quality speaker cable.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shaker67
    Options
    Umm, ok just saw a thread further down discussing just about what I asked, and got my answer. It doesn't make a difference..
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,805
    Options
    I tried.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    ^^^ Atta boy.....
    Though there are "true" bi-amp ways. It usually involves an electronic/DSP based network.
    Look at from this angle....
    You are trying to feed four lawn sprinklers from one garden hose from one hosebib.
    You have only one "source" of supply (the bib). But! You are expecting the same "pressure" output at each sprinkler head to cover the same square footage of turf.
    The output stages of an AVR, though quite adequate in their duties in a dedicated 7.1 system, can only yield minimal results in a so called bi-amp situation from that one source to a pair of speakers.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    lightman1 wrote: »
    You are trying to feed four lawn sprinklers from one garden hose from one hosebib.

Even a dummy like me can understand that one.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    lightman1 wrote: »

Even a dummy like me can understand that one.

What's your address?
    Don't be surprised when I ring your doorbell. You answer the call.. open the door.. a slap is placed upon your noggin and all you see is my shadow walking away.