Need matching Atmos speakers to Polk Monitors

Options
I'm trying to find two ceiling speakers to match my current setup:

Monitor 70 Series II x2
Monitor CS2 Series II
Monitor 40 x4 (getting rid of two so I don't have to find a way to mount them in the ceiling)

I want to have two Atmos speakers in the ceiling and think I found some that would be a good match for the 70s and CS2. It is this pair: Polk Audio 80 F/X RT

Will those work or is there another pair of in wall speakers that would be better?

Comments

• dereknitrorc
    Options
    What ceiling speakers would anyone in here recommend? Trying to keep it at $300 or less for the pair.
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Options
    I might be incorrect but it being a "height" speaker you shouldn't need to worry if it is timbre matched. Usually that is critical for left right and center but surrounds not so much.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,454
    Options
    MC60
    When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.
    Family Room:LG QNED80 75", Onkyo RZ50 Emotiva XPA3 GEN3 Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM. Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15 Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5
    Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15 Sub: SVS SB2000
    Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Plok TSX550T SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • dereknitrorc
    Options
    I might be incorrect but it being a "height" speaker you shouldn't need to worry if it is timbre matched. Usually that is critical for left right and center but surrounds not so much.

Good to know. Thank you!
    mrloren wrote: »
    MC60

Placed an order for these, if they don't work out, then I can upgrade them later. Thanks!