Bands that make you want to do stuff

2»

Comments

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,913
    edited April 3
    Rush -- I am right there with you. Cannot listen to 'em.

Boston -- I am pretty much there with you; way overrated (at least by their fans). Tom Scholz put "their" first album together in his basement -- there wasnt even a band. Their (his) first album sounds horrible, too (unbearably bright and thin). Still, I was of an impressionable age, so the first album gets a pass ;)

Queen -- a few great songs, and they get a pass for having a guitarist who 1) was pretty good and 2) went on to earn the PhD in astrophysics.

http://astro.ic.ac.uk/bmay/home
  • nbrowsernbrowser Posts: 6,281
    Rush, makes me want to change the station or the source to something else....can't listen to them for the life of me...they just don't rock.
  • Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 970
    What does Pink Floyd make you want to do?
  • Mr. SharpeMr. Sharpe Posts: 970
    I guess if I was a stoner I'd say "get high" but their music is more reaching. I enjoy it
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 6,610
    Mr. Sharpe wrote: »

A.C.I.D. stay away from the brown but the purple window pane is well.... tripindickular awesome
    Always wanted to say I have been to the desert on a horse with no name. I know Lightman takes walks on the wild side with some chick named Lola...

are we sure it's even human ?????
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 7,512
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Always wanted to say I have been to the desert on a horse with no name. I know Lightman takes walks on the wild side with some chick named Lola...

are we sure it's even woman?????

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 13,913
    tastes just like Coca-Cola.
    C-O-L-A cola.
  • Rick88Rick88 Posts: 12,556
    edited April 26
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

o2ax2pcgbcyb.jpg
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,928
    Rick88 wrote: »
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

o2ax2pcgbcyb.jpg

Wow that's from the 30 something years that SNL wasn't funny
  • lightman1lightman1 Posts: 8,051

A.C.I.D. stay away from the brown but the purple window pane is well.... tripindickular awesome

I like your style, Ivan.

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lolaaaaa!
    lightman1 wrote: »

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lolaaaaa!

You were right John, Russ does know her or him pffft whatever floats Russ' boat
    edited April 26
    When she picked me up, she nearly broke my spine.

See....I thought she was one of those bigass Texas women, Ron.
    But, once I saw she had a bigger "member" than mine.....I was embarrased.
    Confused at that point.... I questioned this anomoly before me. To which she/he stated...."You bought me drinks, so I am returning the favor."
    Never...EVER....buy a woman from Texas a drink.
    She's more of a man than I'll ever be.
    lightman1 wrote: »
    When she picked me up, she nearly broke my spine.

• gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,480

Always preferred the Green Pyramid while listening to Dark Side Of The Moon while gazing at the Pyramid poster that came with the album.
  • gudnoyezgudnoyez Posts: 5,480
    Oh and U2 and Phil Collins makes me want to shut the music apparatus off entirely.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 15,922
    Cyndi Lauper made me realize that girls just wanna have fun.
    gudnoyez wrote: »

Always preferred the Green Pyramid while listening to Dark Side Of The Moon while gazing at the Pyramid poster that came with the album.

hehehe bet sitting in the tree stand with some of that might just get interesting...

better strap yourself in gooood
  • afterburntafterburnt Posts: 2,928
    The Ramones make me wanna be sedated.
  • mrbironmrbiron Posts: 4,141
    Wilson Phillips either makes me want to hold on for one more day OR break free from the chains.

Haven't quite decided...
  • DawgfishDawgfish Posts: 2,420
    edited April 27
    Nevermind.
  • pongshipongshi Posts: 334

• Jim Nabors inspires me to live the impossible dream and Willie Nelson inspires me to find the best gosh darn tax accountants and lawyers in America.
  • scottyboy76scottyboy76 Posts: 2,931
    afterburnt wrote: »
    For instance: The Beatles make me want to pick flowers and the Stones make me want to crack some skulls. Of course I just sit there and listen, I am too lazy to get up and do either. Oh and Sprinsteen makes me want to play in traffic.

you don't like bruces broadway rock?
  • dromundsdromunds Posts: 5,664
    How about Rage Against The Machine doing Bruce's 'The Ghost of Tom Joad'?
  • lunazullunazul Posts: 446
    Turn it up, turn it up, feel alive....

lunazul wrote: »
    Turn it up, turn it up, feel alive....

Love me some Godsmack....
2»