Polk Audio SDA 2B Speakers - Value?

Options
I have a pair of SDA's I'm considering selling. Any thoughts as to what they're worth?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 10,716
    Options
    1 million dollars.
  • michaeljhsda2
    michaeljhsda2 Posts: 2,173
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do they have a pin/blade or blade/blade IC socket? Are they studio or do they have the oak top and bottoms? Anywhere from 150 to 250 per pair. I personally am not aware of a pair selling for more than 300.
    SDA SRS 2.3TL's
    Silk Audio MS-90-BT integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp
    SDA 2B TL's
  • PaulOsi
    PaulOsi Posts: 9
    Options
    Blade/ blade. Oak.
  • TennMan
    TennMan Posts: 1,264
    Options
    Did you decide to ditch the 2Bs for some Bose satellites or maybe a soundbar for your TV?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
    • Crossover upgrades by westmassguy
    • Marantz 1504 AVR (front speaker pre-outs to Adcom 555)
    • Adcom GFA-555 amp · Upgrades & speaker protection added by OldmanSRS
    • Pioneer DV-610AV DVD/CD player
    • SDA CRS+ · Hidden away in the closet
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Options
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    If you're sure they're 2B's, $300 in mint mint shape.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • PaulOsi
    Options
    TennMan wrote: »
    Did you decide to ditch the 2Bs for some Bose satellites or maybe a soundbar for your TV?

Having a heck of a time getting them to work with the Marantz/ Yamaha power amp set up. No audio. Going to give it one more try this weekend.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,071
    Options
    No audio only with the Polks? As in you've tried other speakers on the same setup and they worked fine?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • TennMan
    edited March 2017
    Options
    PaulOsi wrote: »

Having a heck of a time getting them to work with the Marantz/ Yamaha power amp set up. No audio. Going to give it one more try this weekend.

I don't understand what could be so hard. Connect RCA cables between the pre-out on the Marantz and the input of the power amp. You are connecting the speaker cables to the power amp aren't you?

Are you getting sound with the speaker cables connected directly to the Marantz?
    • SDA 2BTL · Sonicaps · Mills resistors · RDO-198s · New gaskets · H-nuts · Erse inductors · BH5 · Dynamat
  • VSAT88
    VSAT88 Posts: 1,227
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Do they have black paint ? And, welcome to Club Polk.
  • PaulOsi
    Options

I don't understand what could be so hard. Connect RCA cables between the pre-out on the Marantz and the input of the power amp. You are connecting the speaker cables to the power amp aren't you?

Are you getting sound with the speaker cables connected directly to the Marantz?

I agree. I think I the receiver is bad. Tried hooking some satellite speakers directly to it and no audio. Tried different channels and outputs as well and nothing.
  • TennMan
    Options
    sounds like it is bad. I would return it. If you purchased it from Amazon you can print a return label from their website and ship it back for free.