Budget Upgrades for SRS 3.1tl's

Options
New to this site so forgive me if this question has been asked before. Picked up a pair of SRS 3.1tl's in good shape a last week. Have been enjoying them the last couple of days and decided to see what type of upgrades might be available. Have found a wealth of knowledge on this site but to be honest, money is tight so I have to do my upgrading slowly.

The first upgrade I am considering is the RDO-198's and replacing the original electrolytes with new electrolytes at the same time. The question is, what should be my next upgrade when funds are available (best bang for the buck)? Dynamat? Larry's Rings? Sonicap upgrade?

I would love to do the Sonicap upgrade now but I can't justify spending more on caps than I did on the speakers at this time. I already have the electrolytes on hand so I figure it would at least bring the crossovers up to their original specs.

Thanks

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,072
    edited February 2017
    Options
    You should really rethink pouring Gatorade on your speakers.

What are you using for speaker cable? If you're using Home Depot/Radio Shack type wire even a modestly priced set of cables would be good.

Another batch of Larry's rings aren't going to be around for some time most likely. You could get Hurricane Nuts instead though.

Stop by a car stereo installation place, they'd sell you Dynamat scraps on the cheap.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    Tweeters are a must do. Spikes another. Save your money for the crossover upgrade or buy a piece or two at a time until you have everything.

What other gear are you using with them?
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Mtnlvr
    Options
    Nightfall wrote: »
    You should really rethink pouring Gatorade on your speakers.

Sorry, it was way past my bedtime last night. Didn't even understand the reference until this morning.

Anyway, running a NAD 1600 preamp/NAD 2400 amp combo. Using the Monster Cable that came with the speakers.